Announcing a new Meetup for Viva La Vegan PORTLAND - Metro!What:
Amazing Raw Prep Class with Master Chef Elaina Love and Dessert Diva Chaya-RyvkaWhen:
February 26,[masked]:30 AMMaster raw food chef Elaina Love and raw dessert diva Chaya-Ryvka are coming to Portland to teach a two-part, 5-hour class -- read on!Nuevo Mexican Raw Foods
2 1/2 hours, taught by Elaina Love
* Corn Tortilla Wraps
- These corn tortillas will quickly become a favorite in your house! Made from raw corn and hemp and flax seeds, they are dehydrated and can be stored for months in your refrigerator or freezer.
* Enchilada Spirals
- These amazing enchiladas will be made using raw corn tortillas, wrapping them around a veggie taco filling and topping them with enchilada sauce, pine nut sour cream and avocado slices. Flavorful, satisfying and unique!
* Mexican Spanish Rice
- The best Spanish rice you've ever eaten, only there's no rice! Elaina will show you how to use vegetables and spices to recreate all the flavors and comfort of rice.
* Taco Filling
- Keeping with her low- to no-nut agenda, Elaina demonstrates how to take root vegetables and turn them into incredibly flavorful, juicy, mouthwatering taco filling to be eaten in a raw taco, on your salad, in your Enchilada Spirals, or dehydrated into crunchy snacks or burgers.
* Enchilada Sauce
- A light and flavorful sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes.
* Pine Nut Sour Cream
- a light and fluffy version of sour cream with Irish Moss, pine nuts, and extra flavors to make this a staple of your raw food repertoire.Elegant Raw Desserts
2 1/2 hours, taught by Chaya-Ryvka
* Creme Caramel
- Experience the sensuous elegance of this melt-in-your-mouth heavenly flan treat while learning the secrets of successfully working with Irish Moss!
* Hazelnut/Cacao Ganache Truffles
- These are real Cacao confections; we will be stepping into the work of a chocolate lover's dreams. We're talkin' Willie Wonka goes Raw/Vegan! Get ready to bust open your heart and enter the realm of Theobroma/Cacao.
* White Chocolate-Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- One of the most popular cheesecakes at Cafe Gratitude and a must-have in anyone's black book of raw desserts. As well as learning to create a truly heavenly cheesecake, you will learn the art of swirling which can turn any plain pie, cheesecake or frosting into a stunning work of art!TEACHER BIOS:Elaina Love
is a professional Raw Food Chef, Instructor, Restaurant Consultant and Lifestyle Counselor whose unique style of creating the best raw food cuisine ever has her highly sought after. She travels worldwide to bring raw, living foods to Spas, Exotic Retreats, Festivals and Individuals. Elaina is the Owner & Director of Pure Joy Planet, which features certification courses, raw food recipe books, super foods and kitchen & health equipment. She is the co-owner and recipe developer for her new Caf? in the Bay Area, Caf? Soulstice, the author of Elaina?s Pure Joy Kitchen
recipe books and the creator of The Amazing Nut Milk Bag. She has 3 raw food DVD?s currently on the market. Elaina has been an Instructor at Living Light Culinary Arts Institute since 2000 where she teaches specialty classes on an ongoing basis.Chaya-Ryvka
has been a practicing Raw Food Chef for over three years. She spent two years apprenticing and working side by side as a personal assistant with Master Raw Food Chef Elaina Love catering events, teaching classes, running Pure Joy Planet.com and opening Cafe Soulstice. She also apprenticed with cutting edge raw pastry chefs and creators of the desserts for Cafe Gratitude. Chaya is now apprenticing in the art of raw chocolate confections; she works in a newly opened raw chocolate company, Coracao Confections. Currently Chaya is expressing her live creativity as a raw pastry chef at Cafe Gratitude, catering private events, teaching group classes, creating specialty gourmet raw desserts, wedding cakes and providing private raw lifestyle/kitchen consultations.REGISTRATION
Advanced registration is required -- please call[masked]-1727.Please Note:
Due to limited space, there is a 25% cancellation charge applied if a reservation is cancelled within 3 days of the offered class.Viva la Vegan member Tashi Rana has organized this event.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/Viva-la-Vegan/calendar/9737170/