Announcing a new Meetup for Viva La Vegan PORTLAND - Metro!
What: Raw SUNDAY SUPPER by Guest Chef Andy Williams ? Warm Us Up!
When: December 13,[masked]:30 PM
4790 Logus Rd
Milwaukie, OR 97222Raw SUNDAY SUPPER by Guest Chef Andy Williams
We are now into December, and there's nothing like a hearty plate of warm raw vegan food to keep out the cold. Andy will be coming to Sunday Supper and serving up some of his latest WARM raw food creations.
Andy's menu for this dinner is as follows:
- Spaghetti and Meatballs - Rich, delicious, warm mushroom marinara sauce smothering a bed of marinated butternut squash pasta. All topped by dehydrated walnut "meatballs" and grated "Parmesan" cheese.
- "Mozzarella" Cheeze Sticks - Just like you remember them! Zesty sunflower seed based cheese, "breaded" and dehydrated to the perfect consistency. A mouthwatering, savory treat!
- Hazelnut-Herb Crusted Eggplant Medallions - Slices of fresh eggplant marinated in a special sauce and coated with an herb-hazelnut crust. Dehydrated until tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! You've never had eggplant quite like this!
- Waldorf Salad with Almond Mayonnaise - A wonderful recipe from the book of our very own Gabrielle! (page 75, to be exact). Apples, grapes, celery and walnuts all swim in a sea of creamy almond mayonnaise! a perfect cool complement to the many warm dishes on this menu.
- Frosted Apple Cinnamon Rolls - And for dessert, sample a new creation that I have been working on. Hearty chunks of apple and plump raisins combine with flavors of walnut, pecan and spice in a toasty warm bread spun around a sweet cinnamon icing. You'll be screaming for seconds!
- Warm Apple Cider - Finally, to make everything go down just a bit easier, grab some spiced apple cider, served warm!
All menu items are vegan, organic, raw (under 110 degrees F), gluten free, and soy free.
Also, don't forget to sign up for Raw Sunday Supper on the 6th of December
This is a CATERED raw-vegan meal. Please RSVP here early or call Gabrielle at[masked] soon so we can be sure to prepare enough for everyone.
5:30 - dinner and sharing around the tables
6:30 to 7:00 (optional) - circle time, including story-discussion, and raw communion.
Attendees are asked to make a gift of $10 - $20 to help with expenses. No one is turned away for lack of funds,
so those who can afford to make the larger gift, please help out by doing so.We are also trying to help facilitate some carpooling for those who are living car-free or just want to combine rides to save money and/or resources. If you need a ride or have an extra seat please respond in the RSVP or call. Thanks!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/Viva-la-Vegan/calendar/12008185/