VizThink NYC Message Board › UX SKETCHCAMP NYC - a day of sketching workshops for visual thinkers!
New York, NY
Dear VizThink NYC meetup members:
I thought you might be interested in the following upcoming event:
UX Sketch Camp NYC
Registration is now open! Visit http://sketchcampnyc.com for full details and to purchase tickets.
UX Sketch Camp NYC is dedicated to bringing together UX professionals, designers, developers and entrepreneurs for a one-day event focused on applying sketching principles to improve user experience design, make better business decisions and develop visual insights to create innovative and sticky solutions for customers, clients, and companies.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
9:30am – 4:00pm
NYU Tisch School of the Arts
Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
721 Broadway – 4th Floor
New York, NY 10003
10:00-11:00 Opening Session
• Welcome by UX Sketch Camp NYC Founder Marc Niola (Independent Experience Architect and Lean UX evangelist)
• Opening talk on collaborative sketching for UX by Robert Stribley (Razorfish)
• Social network visualization activity with Jonny Goldstein (Envizualize)
11:00-12:30 Morning Breakout Sessions
• A Sketch Ahead: Innovating in an Agile Process – Jessica Seiler, Solstice Mobile
• Drawing and Lettering: The Basics – MJ Broadbent (MJ Broadbent Design, IxDA Director)
• Remote Sketching – Dean Meyers (VizBizTools)
• Harness Character, Setting, and Story in Your Storyboards – Jonny Goldstein (Envizualize)
12:30-1:30 Lunch (provided) and networking
1:30-3:00 Afternoon Breakout Sessions
• Scaling Up: From Sketchnoting to Graphic Recording/Graphic Facilitating – Dean Meyers (VizBizTools, VizWorld.com)
• Sketching Across the Design Process – Ray DeLaPena (Catalyst Group) and MJ Broadbent (MJ Broadbent Design, IxDA Director)
• Collaborative Sketching For UX – Robert Stribley (Razorfish)
• Tales From UX Sketching Masters – Moderated by Jonny Goldstein (Envizualize) and featuring Mohit SantRam (Independent UX/Product Design), Alexa Curtis (Moment), and others to come
3:00-4:00 Closing Session
Registration is now open! Visit http://sketchcampnyc.... for full details and to purchase tickets.
(Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Please contact Marc Niola: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thanks, and hoping to see you there!