Starting in November, I will be offering a very intensive "Shop 101" class. It is the ideal class for those in engineering school, want to become capable DIYers and others who want to learn about the tools and techniques in a workshop. This FREE introductory class will go over the entire curriculum, the costs and complete class schedule. In addition, I will show all attendees how to be safe(r) in and around basic shop equipment. There is no obligation, no charge and I'll supply free pizza & drinks. Plus, I'll be showing some very cool "how it's made" videos!
This is practical, hands-on information that will make you a more capable human being and "maker!" No theory, no textbooks, and a lot of hands on activities! It is the crucial 20% of information that you will use 80% of the time!
- will take place in my shop on Friday, from 6pm-10pm
- a complete course, with a total of 50+ hours of practical instruction!
- will run approximately 3-4 hours each, with extra time for questions.
- are limited to only 10 STUDENTS per course!
- each subject below is one or two separate class sessions.
- All handouts being electronic, fully editable and have live-links.
- With class, you'll get: Digital caliper, safety glasses, gloves and a super-cool Vocademy shirt!
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions,
More detailed class outline here: http://vocademy.com/classes/shop101/
101 - FREE INTRO TO SHOP & SAFETY
110 - RAW MATERIALS
120 - HARDWARE
130 - MATH & MEASURE
140 - DRAWINGS & PRINTS
150 - HAND HELD TOOLS
160 - CUTTERS & ABRASIVES
170 - POWER HAND TOOLS
180 - SHOP EQUIPMENT
190 - MANUAL MILLING (2 classes)
200 - MANUAL TURNING
210 - INTRO TO FABRICATION (bonus class!)