Volunteer for Progress Message Board Discussion Forum › Letter from Outsourced worker

Letter from Outsourced worker

Karen
user 3159293
Group Organizer
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 161
Today is my last day of work at Sensata Technologies after 33 years on the job, making high-quality, American auto sensors for car companies like Chrysler and GM.

And tomorrow—Election Day—I'm going to get up, I'm going to go to the polls, and then I will go and sign up for unemployment compensation for the first time in my life.

On behalf of all of the Sensata workers here in Freeport, Illinois, I wanted to thank you for turning the offshoring of our jobs into a national news story that people are paying attention to. We hope that when people go to the polls tomorrow, they remember what a Romney Economy did to our American dream.

Find your polling place and let’s go out and vote tomorrow. Even if you know yours, forward this to your friends and family—because that just might be the reason they stay home tomorrow.
http://action.99uniti...­

What we see here in Freeport is the Romney Economy in action, where they outsource good manufacturing jobs to places like China. And all that's left in Freeport are part-time, minimum wage jobs, with no benefits. They’re jobs no family can survive on.

Mitt Romney created Bain Capital. He helped pioneer and still profits from the outsourcing of good American jobs to China. It's a business model that puts profits above people -- at all cost to us back home. And it's the approach he would take as CEO of our country.

We don’t want to be rich. We just want to have a decent house, in a decent neighborhood, and be able to support our families. But instead, we had our American dream ripped out from underneath us for nothing more than an extra buck.

Forward this link below to your friends and family. Make sure they have a plan to vote tomorrow. Remind them what’s at stake tomorrow for all of America.
http://action.99uniti...­

Thanks for all that you’ve done,

Tom Gaulrapp
Sensata Factory Worker
Pete E.
Of-by-an4da-ppl
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 1,180
Awesome statement. Thanks to our meetup organizers for sending this stuff out to fellow citizens. We each in our way have needed to work to protect America from the tyranny of religious extremeists who want to make their government their armed forces to imposed on other Americans their particular religious which from the beginning was a core reason America was formed to prevent and secure for freedom against repression on any religion. We have also fought to make sure our Government is there to protect the rights of individual to pursue life, liberty, and happiness and not be there to protect special interests and special treatment for monopoly corporations skirting taxes, exemptions from pollution and sweetheart arrangement vs allowing real free enterprise to operate. There is no question that the reason Ryan has attempted to kill the unions is because they want to continue to depress wages so that corporations will be more profitable and that is killing America, our economy and our middle class!!!!!