The "We Don't Do Mainstream" Film Group Message Board Movie Suggestions › Two Animated Films by Makoto Shinkai - free screrenings

Two Animated Films by Makoto Shinkai - free screrenings

Elizabeth A.
user 13170857
Toronto, ON
Post #: 11
Hi, if anyone is interested, the Japan Foundation is screening two animated films. Here is the link below with details.

http://jftor.org/what...­

Two Animated Films by Makoto Shinkai
Five Centimetres per Second (Monday, Sept. 24 and Thursday, Oct. 4, 7 pm)

The Place Promised in Our Early Days (Thursday, Sept. 27 and Monday, Oct 1, 7 pm

RSVP is needed

I'll probably RSVP for the Monday evenings; I'm not available on Thursdays.

Cheers,

Elizabeth
Jeannie
user 48787242
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
Thank you!
I think I'll go to this,on Monday.
see you there.
Donald S.
dfs_toronto
Toronto, ON
Post #: 53
There's not a lot of seating at the Japan Foundation (~120 people), so please RSVP earlier rather than later if you want to attend. By the same token, if you have RSVP'ed and your plans change, please let them know.

Elizabeth A.
user 13170857
Toronto, ON
Post #: 12
Donald, thanks for adding this. Yes, it is a very nice courtesy to cancel if plans change. I forgot about the size of the theatre.

Cheers,
E
Jeannie
user 48787242
Toronto, ON
Post #: 6
I went to this tonight. I just loved it!
....especially the scenes on the train.
I sort of hung about afterwards,Elizabeth,but I did not see you.
Elizabeth A.
user 13170857
Toronto, ON
Post #: 13
Hi Jeannie, I'm glad you enjoyed the film.

I had to phone and cancel my attendance for yesterday's show. I was out hiking on Sunday and hurt both ankles on two separate instances, so was in no condition to do any sitting or walking. Had to keep both ankles elevated on ice for the swelling to go down.

I'll send you an email directly if I decide to attend next Monday's screening, which I've signed up for.

Cheers,

Eliz.