addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WENOCA _ The Sierra Club of Western North Carolina Message Board › Corn Mill Shoals hike this Saturday

Corn Mill Shoals hike this Saturday

Jane
user 14586787
Asheville, NC
There have been a few changes to the Corn Mill Shoals hike on January 28 after I scouted it. We cannot do the 5-mile loop that I had planned because it goes across private property, so we will do a shorter 3-mile hike instead. However, there is a good climb at the beginning of the trail, so it is still a moderate to easy hike.

Also, the response to this hike has been somewhat overwhelming and I had to cap the participants at 15 to minimize our impact and so that we are not a problem for other hikers on the trail. Since some people signed up by e-mail and not through the WENOCA meet up, I need to know if I can take people on the waiting list. Please let me know soon, or change your status on the meet up if you cannot or have decided not to go for some reason.

Thanks for your understanding. I have never had this problem with a Sierra Club hike before. I am glad that there is so much interest and hope we can meet your needs/wants better in the future.

Jane