Cancel dues at any time.
Dues are billed each year.
We are not survivalists or hoarders but aim to share sustainability & peace in the midst of chaos by preparing & developing skills. We are not focused on zombies, apocalypse, doomsday, politics or conspiracies. We agree with protection and the right to bear arms, but are not focused on this topic nor do we focus on militant action.
We are a Judea-Christian Faith based group but will not discriminate from other beliefs provided that that the realization is that the organizers will run & conduct this group through their Judea-Christian beliefs. We will love and serve you the same regardless of your beliefs but will not alter how we run the group.
Our Goal is to share sustainability, learn/teach old lost skills and build community support for each. Preparing in Faith and Hope, not fear and fanaticism.
Please note these important things:
• There will be an opening Prayer at the beginning of each meeting (to the God of Abraham, Isacc & Jacob in the Name of the Messiah/Jesus). This is not an apology for our Faith; this is simply a warning so that you are aware. You do not have to believe as we do to join us. We will love and serve everyone who is involved and ask that you do the same.
• We are a group for ACTIVE INVOLVEMENT, not a passive chat online only forum.
• If you live further away than 2hrs drive from the Asheville area - we may be able to help you find a group or one of our sub-groups that is as equally active but might not approve a membership due to the need for connecting locally.
• An Annual Membership due of $5 Per Person is required to attend join and attend. The Meet-up Website costs the Organizer a monthly fee to maintain. Your help, once a year, is greatly appreciated. This is also the only way you are kept in the 'loop' of changes to the calendar after your 60-day trial period ends because the Meet-up system automatically puts you as 'pending' (no email notices) if not marked as paid after you 60 day trail.
• Meetings marked as "Classes" may have a fee associated with them for registration.
• Meetings marked as "Meetings" are FREE to all Members - just RSVP...You can bring up to 2 guests.
Areas of interest we hope to cover by either meetings or classes (fee) include but are not limited to:
Self-reliance, food preservation, food storage, water procurement. water filtration, water purification. alternative shelter, alternative power, barter, trade, gardening, natural disasters, emergency medicine, wilderness medicine, NOALS, trauma care, bush-craft, fire making, urban preparedness, hygiene, grid down, off-grid options, Permaculture, aquaponics, hydroponics, edible landscaping, bug out bags, bug in bag, foraging, wild edibles, building community, urban homesteading, herbs, tinctures, essential oils, alternative medicine, beekeeping, blacksmith, canning, dehydrating, grain milling, solar cooking, etc.