April 17, 2012 · 7:00 PM
The Western New York iPhone Developers' Group meets at 7:00 PM on the first and third Tuesday of each month at Buffalo Lab on the third floor of 523 Main Street in Buffalo.
7:00pm - 7:15pm: Meet new people, decide what we want to cover.
7:15pm - 8:15pm: Introductory topics/tutorial sessions if new iOS developers are present and interested.
8:15pm - 9:30pm: Intermediate/advanced topics, code reviews, demos, etc.
9:30pm - whenever: Hang out, socialize, hack, conspire, scheme, whatnot.
The WNY iPhone Developers' Meetup welcomes anyone who is interested in iPhone/iPad development. Whether you're new to the platform or a seasoned pro, we try to make sure that everyone gets something out of each meetup.
Topics we typically discuss include:
* Finish an app recently? Congratulations! Give us a demo and we'll celebrate together.
* Learned any intermediate/advanced iPhone APIs, open source libraries, or coding tricks lately? Teach us!
* Curious about an API or technology? Ask the group. Someone probably has some relevant experience they can share.
* Stuck on a bug? We'll try to fix it together, and maybe we'll all learn something new.
* Working on an app and want constructive criticism? We can put it up on the projector and review your UI or your code.
* Not sure about the best way to approach some problem? Let's talk about it.
* What are the most successful strategies and tactics for marketing an app? Let's share what we've learned.
We encourage our attendees to make a $5/month donation to Buffalo Lab to show them how much we appreciate being able to use their space. This helps them cover their rent/network/utility costs. If you can bring a little cash for them, they can always use the help. http://www.buffalolab.org/