Nonprofit filing completed 11/27/2015
"THE MISSION OF WIDOWS & WIDOWERS PLUS FRIENDS IS TO PROVIDE A SOCIAL GROUP FOR WIDOWED INDIVIDUALS AND THOSE WHO HAVE LOST A SIGNIFICANT OTHER ** THROUGH DEATH, TO GIVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO FORM NEW FRIENDSHIPS AND RELATIONSHIPS THROUGH SOCIAL INTERACTIONS".
** for our membership purpose a significant other is defined as someone that you have a romantic relationship with : husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend who died. A "Friend" member will need "proof" of their relationship and the person's death. The "friend" membership will be voted on by our membership committee. The MAJORITY of the members of this group are traditionally widowed.
We are an activities group. We plan shared events such as dinners, brunches, picnics, movies, going to plays, outdoor activities, kayaking, camping, archery, bowling, walks and hikes. We do day trips, distance vacations, such as the Grand Canyon, star gazing, what ever may be on your bucket list of things you don't want to do alone. We are a family friendly group, we participate in community events, go to car shows and concerts, go dancing - you name it and we will do it . We have planned and organized 100's of events. The members host the activities and post details regarding the event. We are about looking ahead and moving on with life in a positive way. The journey is easier when you do it with others who understand your loss!
When you become a member we ask you to become involved. Please help run "your" group.
We are a 501(c)(7) non-profit Social Group. We are charging dues. Being a non-profit social group does NOT mean your dues will be tax deductible. They will not, but the group itself should qualify for group discounts and specials offered to non profits. (Please see information on joining posted at the bottom, if you have additional questions please direct them to: WWplusFmember@gmail.com) We are all volunteers, so a reply could be delayed but your request will be answered asap.
We are not a new group. This group was formed December 8th 2010. In recent years we realized the need to take the next step of becoming a stand-alone enterprise. Your dues will be used to pay the cost of running the group.
This group has had hundreds of members come and go. Lives have been touched, friendships formed. Even though we are not about dating we have had engagements and marriages.
None of that would have happened or continue to happen without the involvement and support of our wonderful members and organizers.
WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AND BECOMING FRIENDS IN THE FUTURE. BEST WISHES ALWAYS...
IF YOU ARE NEWLY WIDOWED AND LOOKING FOR COUNSELING SOME OF THESE SOURCES MAY HELP.
THEY ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS AND NOT ALL INCLUSIVE, BEST OF LUCK AND HANG IN THERE. THINGS DO GET BETTER WITH TIME... GOD.. BLESS.
WE ARE NOT GRIEF COUNSELORS. If you are newly widowed or having problems dealing with your grief, please try some of the places listed . This list is not all inclusive
1. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR, CHURCH, HOSPITAL HOSPICE , OR LOCAL COUNTY AGENCIES.
2. "TO LIVE AGAIN." Please "Google" for more information. They have seven chapters in PA and NJ. The group has been operating for over forty years. Perkasie Chapter 215-723-2695
3. Exodus Bereavement Ministry. St. Mary's Catholic Church, Schwenksville, PA - Small group sessions for anyone who has lost a relative, child, spouse or friend. GROUPS ARE SMALL - 4 TO 6 PEOPLE - DAY AND EVENING SESSIONS. Please The group is faith based but you do not have to be Catholic or a member of the church to attend. Sessions are Free. Please call Saint Mary's or Saint Anne's in Phoenixville for more information.
4. SPRING VALLEY YMCA Grief support services - Royersford/ Limerick, PA - Interactive discussion group open to anyone who has lost a relative or friend. Open to members and non members. Services are free. Please call the Y for more information. Held by Rev. Don Eisenhauer, Tri County Home and Health Hospice -- 484-984-2010
5. Peter's Place, Radnor, PA http://www.petersplaceonline.org/about.html
6. The Center for Loss and Bearevement, Skippack, PA ( fee) http://bearevementcenter.org
7. New Beginnings - St. Stanislaus Catholic Church, Lansdale, PA 215-855-3133
8. 1 800 273 TALK - NSP hotline. Free & Confidential / National Suicide Prevention Hotline.
This group is serviced and maintained by its members. You will be required to be an organizer and agree to either help with hosting events or serving on a committee. Your involvement does not have to be more than a few times per year.
By joining this group you agree:
http://www.meetup.com/terms/ plus any updates..
>>to uphold the rules of membership as posted by Meetup and Widows & Widowers plus Friends.
>>you will never hold the any of the organizers, events hosts, their accessors or assigns, liable for any type of injury.
>>you are solely responsible for your personal safety - no one else.
>>to pay annual dues of $5.00 per month payable in 6 month increments ($30.00).
All members can be removed / no refunds will be given.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PLEASE SEND YOUR REQUEST TO OUR GMAIL ACCOUNT - WWPLUSFMEMBER@GMAIL.COM WE WILL EMAIL YOU THE FULL APPLICATION AND THE ADDRESS TO MAIL THE FORM. YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO JOIN MEETUP (NO COST) AND THEN REQUEST TO JOIN OUR GROUP. WE WILL NOT APPROVE YOUR REQUEST UNTIL YOU SEND IN THE WRITTEN FORM AS WELL AS APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP ONLINE. Dues help pay the cost of running our group. The charge is $5.00 per month payable in 6 month increments for a total of $30.00 each six months. Checks should be made out to Widows & Widowers plus Friends. There are NO refunds if you leave the group voluntarily or are asked to leave. THE PROCESS IS MANNED BY VOLUNTEERS SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US. THANK YOU.
1,364 PA PBSN'ers