WE ARE CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION. WE ARE REORGANIZING AND BUILDING OUR WEB PAGE. WE WILL NOT BE ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THAT IS COMPLETED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN A FEW WEEKS.
This is an activities group for widows and widowers plus friends. Friends are members who lost a long term partner or significant other through death. Most members are in their fifties or sixties some still working, some retired. The age range varies and the activities posted changes accordingly. The group is not responsible for posting activities. The members post what they enjoy doing.
We offer golf, movies, plays, kayaking, day trips, dinners, hikes, camping, theatre, home entertaining, picnics, concerts, out door events, cruises, domestic and international travel etc. Members are encouraged to post safe and fun events to share. We are a family friendly group.. We are not a singles or dating sight but do not discourage members from forming relationships. We ask all members to be considerate of others and remember we are in all stages of widowhood. Please treat everyone with the same compassion and respect you would like to receive.
The group is maintained by its members. You must help by serving on a committee or being an organizer. Your involvement does not have to be more then once or twice a year. You organize by sharing an activity you already enjoy doing. We have teachers, writers, golfers, pilots, bakers, artists, plumbers, outdoorsman, accountants, realtors. nurses, musicians, entertainers, photographers and lawyers as members A variety of interests and talent is why the group works.
We charge dues. The dues are required in order to maintain the website. expenses and paying staff.
We are an LLC.
By joining this group you are agreeing that you are responsible for your safety. You will not hold any organizer or anyone associated with an event liable for any injury real or imagined. You will be required to supply a membership form and waiver in order to become a member. The link for that form will be posted on this page.
WE ARE NOT GRIEF COUNELORS, WE ARE AN ACTIVITIES GROUP. IF YOU ARE NEWLY WIDOWED OR HAVING PROBLEMS DEALING WITH YOUR LOSS. THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS. THE LIST IS NOT ALL INCLUSIVE.
1. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR, CHURCH, HOSPITAL HOSPICE , OR LOCAL COUNTY AGENCIES.
2. "TO LIVE AGAIN".. Please "Google" for more information. They have seven chapters in PA and NJ. The group has been operating for over forty years.
3. Exodus Bereavement Ministry. St Mary's Catholic Church, Schwenksville, Pa. Small group sessions for anyone who has lost a relative, child, spouse or friend. GROUPS ARE SMALL 4 TO 6 PEOPLE. DAY AND EVENING SESSIONS. Please Call GAIL GALLAGHER for more information.. Her cell number is 610-209-6007. The group is faith based but you do not have to be Catholic or a member of the church to attend.. Sessions are Free.
4. SPRING VALLEY YMCA. Royersford/ Limerick, Pa Grief support Services. Interactive discussion group open to anyone who has lost a relative or friend. Open to members and non members. Services are free. Please call the Y for more information . Held by Rev. Don Eisenhauer Tri County Home and Health Hospice. 484-984-2010
5. Peters Place, Chester County. Google the information
6. Center for Bearevement.. Skippack, Pa. ( fee).. Google for information.
7. New Beginnings - St Stans Catholic Church, Lansdale, Pa.
Buyers, sellers, all property types. Specialize in helping the widowed
1,157 PA PBSN
1,523 French Speakers
2,722 Party Peeps