Wag n Trails Message Board › New Puppy Socialization

New Puppy Socialization

A former member
Post #: 1
I have a 2 month old German Shepherd male. My parents dog is not super dog friendly and I'd really like to let the puppy have a bunch of positive dog experiences so that he's not afraid. He's not quite big enough to do hikes, but would anyone be willing to meet up for a nice walk or just play time somewhere?

-Megan
Mary
user 41263652
Morgan Hill, CA
Post #: 2
Hi Megan, I've a 13 months old female shepherd. She loves puppies and seniors and plays well with them. She lets the puppies climb all over her. She's too scared to play with adult shepherds. She also lives with a 9 lbs adult male at home and are best buddies with. If you'd like, we can meet up at my place (Morgan Hill) or where ever you suggest.
Susan H.
user 21209621
Clayton, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Megan,
I would suggest you sign up your pup for a puppy class somewhere. You have to wait until he is 16 weeks after all his shots to take him out for walks because of Parvo. My friend just lost her puppy to Parvo so it is a real concern.
It's not worth the risk!!
Heron
HeronH
Fremont, CA
Post #: 22
Hi Megan,

Even if you cannot let you puppy play with other puppies yet, you can still take it out. Make sure the paws don't touch the ground. That way you puppy is exposed to different sights, sounds and people