PLEASE NOTE: Notifications of change or cancellation of this event will only be e-mailed to yes RSVPs. For all others, this event is subject to change or cancellation WITHOUT NOTICE. RVSP closes at 6:00 PM on Friday.
Wanting a more challenging walk? Join us for a morning "hike" up and over Signal Hill ... the best (only) hills we have handy . The pace is brisk and the route includes at least three+ good climbs.
According to GPS - we walk a little more than 6 miles in under 2 hours and burn over 900 calories. Is that possible? Sure feels like it!
THIS WALK IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS AND WILL REQUIRE ENDURANCE FOR THE HILLS & VALLEYS
Walk rating: Moderate to Advanced
Terrain: Steep Hills, Stairs, Mostly Paved
Distance: 6+ Miles.
Time: 2.0- Hours
Dogs are welcome if they will keep the pace.
Boundries: Temple, 21st, Cherry, Skyline, Panarama
- Up Hill to Temple/Panarama (We usually go through Discovery Well Park, down the dirt road and up the stairs)
- Down Temple to 21st St (R)
- 21st to Stanley (R) and up the hill to Hill St (L)
- Hill St to Skyline Drive (R)
- Skyline merges with Panarama then Temple to 21st St (R)
- 21st Street to Cherry (R)
- Cherry to Hill St (R)
- Hill St to St Louis (L) and take the trail at the top left
- At this point you can walk the dirt trails and find your way to the top but it's hard to describe so I'll avoid that part.
- At the top of the trail, follow the road (Ocean View Dr) out to Burnett/Skyline Dr. (R)
- Follow Skyline Dr. up the hill
- At the top of the hill, cross over to the Hilltop Park and walk around the west side (great view) to the other side.
- Take the Panarama Dr trail back to (merges with) Temple to 21st (R)
- 21st to Ohio (R)
- Ohio to Hill (L)
- Hill to Skyline (L)
- Skyline to Dawson
- Walk around the Hilltop Park again back to Panarama
- Follow Panarama to the trail down to the dirt road and Discovery Well Park (R at bottom of stairs)
- To get back to your cars, you there are trails down from the dirt road behind the Discovery Well Park and in the park that lead down to Obispo (through a neighborhood). Or you can take Hill street on the South side of Discovery Well Park.