We're going to meet at the Blue Sky Ecological Preserve (in Poway) and make our way towards Lake Poway. Should make for some beautiful nature walking and a gorgeous view. About 4 - 5 miles total. Also, the parking is free! It's a wonderful place to walk your dog, as the trails are nice and wide, but you need to be careful for poison oak. Bring lots of water for your dog and be prepared for a HIKE! Hope to see you there!
DIRECTIONS Blue Sky Reserve is located half a mile north of Lake Poway Road on Espola Road.
- From I-15, exit Rancho Bernardo Road and proceed east.
- Rancho Bernardo Road becomes Espola Road in Poway.
- Continue to head east on Espola Road, which will curve to the right just past Old Coach Road.
- The Blue Sky Ecological Reserve parking area is on the northeast (left) side of Espola Road just beyond the curve.
- (If you reach Lake Poway Road you have missed the reserve.)