Wandering Soles Hiking Club Message Board › Need Team Captain for Climb to Conquer Cancer

Need Team Captain for Climb to Conquer Cancer

Jeff
user 11938098
Group Organizer
Gilbert, AZ
Hi Soles,

For the last 8 years the Wandering Soles have participated in the Climb to Conquer Cancer. For those who are not familiar with this event, it is a fundraiser to find a cure for cancer. It is actually a walk up a road on South Mountain rather than a climb. Beth has been our team captain every year so far and has done an outstanding job. Unfortunately, she is unable to do it this year. Would anyone be willing to be the team captain for the 2012 Climb to Conquer Cancer on Feb 25? If so, please let me know by Tuesday Dec 20. It is a worthy cause. If there are no takers we will just skip this time and resume in 2013.

Thanks,
Jeff

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Jeff it was nice to talk to you. I registered with the Cancer Society page and they asked me for a donation I went ahead and donated $50. The group is under Wandering Soles and everything is set up I have already linked my facebook to this so the donations hopefully will come in. The only thing now is posting it here for everyone.

http://main.acsevents...­
http://main.acsevents...­
Jeff
user 11938098
Group Organizer
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 4
Thanks Karen. I will get it posted and sign up.
A former member
Post #: 3
HI Jeff, I was wandering if you were going to post this on the site so we can possibly get more participants. We need at least 10 people in order to get shirts with the wandering logo on it. I was going to send it in when we reached the 10 people goal. Also I don't know when you were going to deposit my check? Let m
e know.
karen
Jeff
user 11938098
Group Organizer
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 5
Hi everyone,

There is one thing I forgot to mention about the Climb to Conquer Cancer. If you are not able to attend, you can still sign up to participate but not be there the day of the climb (a phantom team member). I had to do this one year when I could not attend. It is all about raising money for a worthy cause. If you would like to be involved with the climb in this way, let us know when you sign up so we know not to wait for you. We will even save you a T-shirt.

Thanks,
Jeff