REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED--Read entire event description below!
This is a two-day (8:30 am - 6:30 pm), intensive course that will teach you how to care for an injured or ill person during the critical minutes or hours before medical help is available. It will involve a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on rescue scenario practice. Successful completion of the course results in a two-year WFA certification. Check these links for the course topics and flyer, and reviews and testimonials.
Special deal: Sierra Club members save $15 on this course only, which will take place at the Sierra Club's Metro-accessible, downtown Washington, DC offices. Course fee for non-Sierra Club members is $180. Full directions and instructions will be provided after you register.
To register: Go to www.solowfa.com. The course is open to all, Sierra Club members and non-members. However, to get the discount, pay by check (not credit card or PayPal) and mail it in with a copy of your Sierra Club membership card.
Instructor: Matthew Rosefsky, Geo Medic, C.E.R.T., Wilderness EMT and SOLO Instructor.
Alternate dates/locations: (no Sierra Club discount)
• May 3 - 4, Blacksburg, VA
• May 10-11, Charlottesville, VA (CPR option on 5/9)
• May 31-June 1, Richmond, VA
• June 21-22, Madison, NJ (near New York City)
• June 28-29, Virginia Beach, VA
• August 29-31, Mountain-top Weekend Retreat (dWFA, CPR, AED, sunset short hike, campfires, starry nights, sandy beach & more), Blacksburg, VA