Washington DC Freegan and Dumpster Diving Meetup Message Board › Directing a newcomer...

Directing a newcomer...

Ashley
eAshleyM
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I moved to Rockville a couple weeks ago and am interested in diving food for my family and I. Coming from Boston, most stores used compactors...but I was hopeful that the more suburban environment would come with dumpsters and the possibility of salvaging food. I'd love to meetup, but it seems meetups are difficult to organize and infrequent. Can anyone provide information on some fruitful locations with accessible dumpsters? There are TONS of grocery stores, but without scouring them, we new arrivals could benefit from the super helpful knowledge of the locally experienced.

thanks,
Ashley
Emmy F.
user 11110658
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 7
Right! I'd like some of this info too! But it seems maybe we could team up and go dumpster diving some night. We gotta do it in the wee hours. I live in bethesda. I'll check the trader joes dumpster. I think first I have to locate the dumpster for my local grocery stores. Explore explore.
A former member
Post #: 1
I've had 80% success rate with Bethesda Trader Joe's and just this past Friday scored about 20lbs of pizza dough and two dozen other prepared food items and we arrived at about 12:30am. If you can, show up a bit later and be quick!

Welcome Emmy! How's Cosmo?