addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Washington DC/Metro area Redditors Message Board › Museum Hop plus drinks?

Museum Hop plus drinks?

Gabi
user 38045442
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
So there was a little mini-discussion about this on the r/washingtondc subreddit, but I'll be visiting DC for a week in March and was looking for something to do. Someone brought up the idea of spending a couple hours museum hopping, then going out for drinks afterwards.

I think it would be fun to do some of the more... interactive? museums together- the Natural History, American History, etc. Maybe the Hirshhorn. I'm not from DC, so I'm not aware of where there is in the area to get drinks at, so I'll need some of you natives to help out.

Any thoughts?

(I'll be in town from early Monday morning through early Saturday afternoon, the 12th-17th of March.)
Dan
user 36181022
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 1
Yes. That was me bringing the idea up. It'd give me a chance to go out and do what i've been wanting to do for the longest time now--be a tourist to a city 10 miles away.
Dylan
Dylan_C
Washington, DC
Post #: 7
I'd be in. Especially if we can do lunch at the American Indian museum cafeteria ;)
Gabi
user 38045442
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Ooh, I second this. I loved that place the last time I was in DC.

What's everyone's availability, though? Most of the museums seem to close at around 5.30. I'm free Monday-Wednesday and Friday (I have prior plans for that Thursday).