addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Washington DC/Metro area Redditors Message Board › Would anyone be interested in a Snowboarding/Skiing Meetup?

Would anyone be interested in a Snowboarding/Skiing Meetup?

A former member
Post #: 1
I would be game if someone organized this!
A former member
I ski fairly regularly. New people to ski with is always fun =]
Matt S.
user 20544221
Hampstead, MD
I'm a snowboard instructor at Liberty... so yes.
Bill
user 59271742
Washington, DC
I'd be down - beginning/intermediate skier here
Doug C.
user 13483823
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Alright, since someone mentioned they're a ski instructor at Liberty, I start by proposing it. For the record, I have never been skiing before. Weekend rate for beginners which include a lesson, skis or snowboard, and an all day lift ticket is $89 open to close. For everyone else, lift tickets are $58 for 4-hours, $65 for 8-hours, and $69 open to close. I'm not going to list all of the options, because there are other packages available, you can go here. I can do 2/23, 2/24, 3/2, or 3/9. We can arrange to carpool there. I have a Grand Marquis, so I can comfortably fit 4, and can hold 6 total. No room for skis though. I live by Logan Circle, so I can pick up from there, swing through Rosslyn for a pickup, and pickup somewhere up the red line like Rockville metro. According to google maps, it's a 1.5 hour drive. What would be a good time to leave DC?

Edit: Also, I forgot Monday 2/18 is a holiday, so I wouldn't mind trying that day if anybody is interested.
Charles Y.
user 14117069
Rockville, MD
I'd love to get something moving here. We're getting to the point where it's getting towards the end of the season, so I'll suggest a meetup, and then we'll go from there. Let's aim for 3/9, at Liberty since that's close and someone is apparently familiar with it. I don't know how long the season goes, but if 3/9 doesn't work, maybe 3/16? We'll take a quick vote.
A former member
I've never done a reddit meet-up around here before but would be totally down for a snowboarding one at liberty or whitetail. I go fairly often and if its possible for everyone, it's definitely better to go on a weekday/night because it is way less crowded. I think it should be sooner than 3/9 because the season has been shitty so far and it mite heat up a lot by then.