April 18, 2012 · 6:30 PM
Join us for the April MongoDB Meetup!
IKANOW will share how MongoDB and Hadoop play a critical role in their analytic platform.
Do you have something you'd like to present? We're always looking for presenters. Anything from 5 - 30 minutes is appreciated!
- 6:30-7:00: meet, greet, & eat
- 7:00-7:15: welcome, announcements, & introductions
- 7:15-9:00: presentations:
- How MongoDB and Hadoop play a critical role at IKANOW
- Using MongoDB to create simple generic data models to bring together structured and unstructured data
- Using entity and event driven models to unify the two different types of information.
- Using generic data models to deliver improved search performance, scalability, adaptability, and overall economic value
- The scalability and flexibility benefits to our platform when using MongoDB
- Using Hadoop modules for distributed processing across document sets
- Open Discussion - Bring your questions about MongoDB!
- 9:00-9:30: networking, etc.
This meetup will be held at the CustomInk offices in McLean. The location is great for a meetup, if a little difficult to find. Be sure to grab the Driving Directions or Metro Directions.