This three hour workshop (7 pm to 10 pm) is demonstration of techniques for to glamour, boudoir and fine art/figurative photography for those who are interested in learning the basics of lighting and posing the nude, and do not feel they have sufficient command of lighting to work independently with a live model and lighting set ups. You will also see examples of the work of great photographers who have contributed to this genre, such as Edward Weston, Ruth Bernard, Robert Farber, Helmut Newton, and Gary Breckenheimer.
Our model for the workshop will be Fayette, an excellent and very creative fine art nude model, originally from the Utah, who is visiting the area from Los Angeles. Working with a model of her caliber will be a great opportunity to see the effects of different lighting set ups. You can see her portfolio at: http://www.modelmayhem.com/2110174
The workshop covers the following topics:
A. Basic lighting set ups for studio photography for:
- artistic nudes and bodyscapes
B. Using studio lighting equipment including:
- camera settings for synchronization
- use of umbrellas, soft boxes, snoot, grids, cookies and reflectors.
- sources and quality of light
C. Posing the Model
- key guidelines for directing model; shoulders, hips, hands, legs, feet, and face
- the difference in poses for glamour, boudoir and fine art nude photography
- posing guide prepared in collaboration with our top models
By the end of the workshop you will be comfortable lighting and working with fine art nude models in the studio!
Workshop Fee: $125 (includes Model Release and use of Pocket Wizard)