The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

A former member
Post #: 58
To minimize the creation of one or two post threads seeking games, please post your requests here.

Also, you can register in our database at our Yahoo Groups sister site to help facilitate the process of matching you for a game.

From Shades:

The only quick way I know to set up a common-use forum for
organizing specific games/memberships is to set up a sister
site on Yahoo Groups. So I bit the bullet and set it up at
http://games.groups.y...­. I'll get us started as moderator,
but I'll eventually need to share the mantle. I set it up so
that the moderator has to explicitly accept members. That way,
we maintain the Meetup site as the primary site and the Yahoo
site as a support site. However, please be patient if I don't
respond to your membership request immediately -- I should be
able to respond within the day or by the next morning. I
removed The Game Board Word document on the Meetup site to
avoid confusion.

To go directly to The Game Board or the Players-in-Waiting
tables, follow this link: http://games.groups.y...­.

The Game Board lists active and proposed games. Each Gamemaster
creates and manages their own record in the table.

The Players-in-Waiting table is a list of players looking for
games. Each player creates and manages their own record in the
table. Players may also sign up for specific games by editing
the field, 'Players-in-waiting', on The Game Board.

Thanks!

P.S. This thread will be cleaned of unrelated posts, so players and GMs don't have to wade through clutter to find what they need.
Jim
user 3005710
Arlington, VA
Post #: 60
And on that note...

Who here thinks that they might be up for a bit of Science Fantasy gaming? I've been in the mood to run some Alternity for a little while now, and I'm thinking that a short-term campaign might be what's needed.

If you've never played Alternity before, it's a pretty easy system to pick up. It's class- and skill-based; Pretty much all of your abilities (including things like to-hit and saves) are derived from your skills, but your class determines which skills are cheaper for you, and which ones you're particularly good at. It's comparable to 3.5 in terms of crunch; less complex in some areas, and a bit more in others, but If you're up on your D&D, then you'll be able to get it.

It doesn't really have a "default" setting, so I'm thinking of doing a sort of Dying Earth setting (think the Jack Vance stories of the same name, or Wolfe's Book of the New Sun). It would be a humans-only game, with an initial low tech level (something around the Middle Ages), with a smattering of hi-tech here and there. If you're familiar with the Alternity rules, I'll probably use the FX rules from the GM's Guide, to reflect the relative rarity and power of any tech the PCs encounter.

Schedule-wise, I'm thinking every other week, either on a Saturday or weeknight. I'm also thinking short-term game, maybe around 10 sessions or so, leaving plenty of elbow room for side excursions prompted by the players.

In order to avoid cluttering this thread, send me an email if you think it's something you might be into. If we can get around 5 players and a place to play (my place is pretty small, and I'd like to use it only as a last resort), then we can make this thing happen.
A former member
Post #: 52
I'm looking for a D&D game myself :) I'm only available on week-ends and probably not all week-ends ;)
A former member
Post #: 10
Right now i am pretty much just trying to get back into D&D as i am fairly unfamiliar with most of the other games out there. So if anyone is looking for a additional player. please give me a holler.

-Paul
d21
user 3873054
Falls Church, VA
Post #: 1
Player looking for group

I'm looking for a regular, stable weekend (or every other weekend) game of 3.5 (Eberron, FR, or other), WoD (Revised or New), or Exalted to particapte as a player - whatever - as long as the stacks of books that I've accumulated over the years are put to good use.

I am male, in my mid-30s and happilly married to a devoted wife whose interests do not include DnD. I've been RPing on and off since the early 80's, but I am more than willing to join a group with lesser- (or more-) experienced gamers (fresh perspectives can keep games from becoming stale). I would, however, like to join a group with an average age of 30+, located within reasonable driving distance, and whose members do not embody the worst stereotypes of gamers (I hate that I have to say this last one, but I've encountered some nightmarish scenarios in the past and I can be very skittish).

Game-wise, I prefer a healthy mix of roleplaying and dice rolling rather than freeform roleplaying or 100% miniature-based dungeon-crawls. I appreciate invention and innovation in the game and outside of it - anything to make the game smoother and the experience more enjoyable for everyone.
A former member
Post #: 57
lookin for a game of pretty much anything as long as you have room for possibly two my gf is willing to play also shes a little green but learns fast!
Eddie
Eddie
Chantilly, VA
Post #: 2
Looking for about 2-4 more players for a new game I'm trying to start.

The game would be in the Dragonlance setting (post War of the Lance, pre-5th Age). If you're not familiar with the setting, that's OK, I'll brief players on the key points and let the rest come up in roleplaying.

All characters would be 1st level (but I have enough material to take characters into double digit levels). I like games to be combination of roleplaying, combat, and puzzle/intrigue, but the exact ratios of those three components depends on general group preferences. Ideally, I'd like to meet once a week, realizing that personal schedules will probably result in the group meeting 2 twice a month.

I'm currently in the Fairfax area, but since I can't host the game at my place the actual location still needs to be determined by interested players.

If you're interested and want more details, let me know and we'll start a dialog either via email or in a new thread.

Thanks,
Eddie
A former member
Post #: 61
i would be more than happy to play with my fellow bottle necker!!
Eddie
Eddie
Chantilly, VA
Post #: 5
Great... I already have Dave (he was the guy who pointed me to the Meetup) lined up to play, so we'd just need at least one more player, not to mention figuring out a meeting place... as a fall back option, I know the Game Parlor around the corner from me has open tables that we can use.
A former member
Post #: 13
Great... I already have Dave (he was the guy who pointed me to the Meetup) lined up to play, so we'd just need at least one more player, not to mention figuring out a meeting place... as a fall back option, I know the Game Parlor around the corner from me has open tables that we can use.

I would be more than interested in joining. Need to brush up a bit but it sounds like a lot of fun. Shoot me a line and we can work out a time and place i guess.

Paul