addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

MajorDeath
user 3754883
Fredericksburg, VA
Post #: 3
Hey!

I'm looking to be a player in a D&D, AD&D, or D20 group that plays once a month or so. Given that I'm past my 30s and have 4 kiddies I'm really looking for a more mature group of guys that are pretty true to D&D/AD&D/D20.

I've got at least a half dozen pre-written campaigns of all kinds, some purchased over 20 years ago but several brand new. I also have a bunch of miniatures that I've been working on painting.

Dungeons/campaigns that I have that are new (never read by me):

D20 Red Hand of Doom (6-12 level)
D20 Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde (1-6)
D20 CAMPAIGN BOOK -- THe Shackled City -- 11 Dungeons!
D&D City State of the Invincible Overlord
D&D Dungeon Modules (3-4)

I'd be a player for the first few but I'd eventually offer to GM/DM to share the load.

I'm interested in developing up through Level 12 characters and maybe higher if we're having a lot of fun.

I can host up to 8 here at my place in Woodbridge, VA as needed.

If you have a group that needs a player let me know via my contact email.

Thanks!

Don
A former member
Post #: 1
I recently moved to Fairfax and am still looking for a group. My preferred table top games are D&D 3.5 and Champions, but mostly, I just want to play. I don't have a car so it would have to be someplace within walking distance of a metro rail station (I don't think I'll ever figure out the bus system), or a group that uses some kind of carpool system.

I'm a veteran gamer geek, and I still have my rpga grandmaster player card from Living City to prove it. I prefer games with an element of humor and am familiar with most established game settings. Anyway, if you have an opening, please let me know. Thanks! :)
A former member
Post #: 1
Looking for about 2-4 more players for a new game I'm trying to start.

I'd be more than interested in joinin ya'll. I would probley be able to bring a buddy of mine along as well.
mike
Mike_Dubbleyew
Falls Church, VA
Post #: 37
hey all! i had loads of fun playing alternity tonight, yall are a fun group.

hey, i mentioned this to a couple of people but we're looking for a GM to take over an established serenity game. we already have players and some experience but our GM had to bail on us. anybody interested? we'd meet either bi-weekly or monthly.

thanks!

mike
A former member
Post #: 298
hey all! i had loads of fun playing alternity tonight, yall are a fun group.

hey, i mentioned this to a couple of people but we're looking for a GM to take over an established serenity game. we already have players and some experience but our GM had to bail on us. anybody interested? we'd meet either bi-weekly or monthly.

thanks!

mike

Serenity as in the Firefly series? That was a good series. Too bad it was on Fox. They always cancel the good shows.
A former member
Post #: 301
Glynn and I are looing for a gaming group.

We live in Frederick, MD (which is about 45 miles north of D.C.) and would like to play on Friday nights or Saturdays.

We would like to play Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, or Eberron. Glynn likes the roleplaying aspect of the game, and I like the hack-n-slash aspect. We both like the social aspect of the game--getting together with friends!

Any open groups in the D.C. area or whatnot.....? smile
Mike
The_Burnt_Druid
Ahunabayev, UZ
Post #: 98
Hail and Well Met Mighty Adventurers!

What: D&D 3.5 Home Brew
When: Tues, May 15th @ 6pm
Where: Frederick

What We Need: Easy going adults with RPG experience for a Regular ( Bi-Monthly) Campaign.

My Friends and I enjoy D&D for the creative escape it provides and the chance to socialize. Rules Lawyers, Munchkins, and Elite Gamers will find us a tad annoying. We Feel that a night of D&D is as much about the players as it is about the playing.

Contact me via Meetup for more information and to set up a brief meeting to see if we get along. Space is limited so contact me soon.

The_Burnt_Druid
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello everyone!

My name is Tom and I'm looking for a D&D 3.5 or any d20 game. I'm just coming up on my 20th year (putting me in the youngest bracket here) and started first playing in January. The GM moved, and now I need to find a new group. I don't have a lot of experience, but I've picked up the basics rather quickly.

Any GMs that could use another player, please get in touch: splitmultiverse [at] gmail [dot] com
A former member
Post #: 40
Oh Crap!

I should've looked here before I posted an open discussion on the boards about my game. Oh well, more coverage I guess.

My name is Christopher and I'm starting a DC metro chapter of Mymidon Press's Manhunter game (D20 Modern variant). The series is sci-fi and fans of Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, Farscape or BLade Runner should find some niche to carve out of the rather violent and brash setting.

Basically, anyone with an itch for some sci-fi gaming, go check the discussions and files for anything with "MANHUNTER" in the title and you should find all the relevant info on the game. I'm running a session this weekend to get players together and I'll be posting more succinct info regarding place/time on Wednesday.

Feel free to contact me for a copy of the source book or to ask to be put on the mailing list by e-mailing me at samas990 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks folks.
A former member
Post #: 35
Hi everyone!

I'm part of a group that meets weekly on Sundays either in Arlington or Shirlington when the Arlington location isn't available. One of our members had to leave due to increasing work obligations, and we now have 1-2 open seats at our table.

We're playing in the Forgotten Realms using 3.5 rules. Our characters are currently at level 6 and consist of a duskblade, a swashbuckler, a favored soul, and a cleric. Game time is usually from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm on Sundays.

We are active, mature, friendly professionals in our late 20's/early 30's. Two of us are very well versed in the 3.5 rules, and two of us are still learning the ropes (I'm one of the relative newbies). To date, the game has been focused more on encounters than on roleplaying, but as the story progresses, hopefully that balance will shift more towards roleplaying.

Send me an email at wyndstormhuntress (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in joining us. Stealing some lines from our DM's original post on here, please send...

Name:
Short description of your favorite character from the past: