addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Eddie
Eddie
Chantilly, VA
Post #: 10
Just started a new 3.5 campaign in the Chantilly area, and looking to add one or two more players. The players are low level, so now is a great time to jump in, especially if you haven't played 3.5 or D&D in a while.

We play once a week, typically Thur, but can be flexible.

If you are interested, message me and I can give you more details.

Thanks,
Eddie
Mark
user 5699205
Centreville, VA
Post #: 1
I've never played before - just recently developed an interest. I'm familiar with some of the concepts and d20 mechanics. Looking for a game in Northern Virginia, ideally Western Fairfax (Centreville to Reston). I'd prefer a 4e game since those books seem more available but I'd go for 3.5 with a good group. I can commit to a game on Sunday, Monday, or Thursday evenings. Feel free to send me a message.
A former member
Post #: 2
Looking for a AD@D 1e or 2e game either in woodbridge, Lakeridge or anywhere close.

I'm open to playing 3.5 or 4.0 (I have the rules) however I'm not experienced in them, I played much 1e and 2e but years ago.

I'm mature and have a professional job, dont live in mom's basement and have manners. I can host occasionally at my place (just have to round up a card table or something and we're good to go. Also figure it's possible to host at the game parlor in woodbridge as I'm sure many host there.

reply on board if you are interested!

regards,

josh
Jim D.
user 10261929
Burke, VA
Looking for a group to game with. Open to several options really looking for a Dark Heresy game but have played D&D 1st, 2nd, 3.5, and 4th as well as Rogue Trader, Pathfinder, and Cthulhu. Have books for all those systems as well.

I have been gaming for about 10 years now and since moving out here have not had the chance to get on with a regular group. I am a mature gamer with good hygiene and social skills. Not saying that those are rare traits but I am sure we have all met the occasional basement troll who gives gamers a bad rap.

I currently reside in Herndon and will be moving to the Fairfax/Burke area in July. Hope to hear from someone.

Thanks,
Jim
A former member
Looking for a gaming group in Alexandria area. Have played 2 & 3.5 D&D since i was a kid, but haven't had a chance to be able to play for a few years now. Preferably looking for a 3.5 group (thats kender friendly too), but would like to play some of the other systems out there too.
Good for meeting during week or weekends.
A former member
Hi everyone. I'm looking or a game in the Springfield or surrounding areas. I can only play Mon-Thur in the evenings though. I prefer 3.5 but I'm willing to play most games. It looks like a few people have posted here looking for groups in this area recently. Are any of you interested in starting a new group on any of those days?
Matthew M.
2ndeditionDM
Fairfax, VA
Looking for a group to game with. Open to several options really looking for a Dark Heresy game but have played D&D 1st, 2nd, 3.5, and 4th as well as Rogue Trader, Pathfinder, and Cthulhu. Have books for all those systems as well.

I have been gaming for about 10 years now and since moving out here have not had the chance to get on with a regular group. I am a mature gamer with good hygiene and social skills. Not saying that those are rare traits but I am sure we have all met the occasional basement troll who gives gamers a bad rap.

I currently reside in Herndon and will be moving to the Fairfax/Burke area in July. Hope to hear from someone.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim.

I am looking to build a 1st/2nd edition AD&D game Based in the Fairfax VA area, I am a 20+ year veteran player but recently had the group break up, since then been itching to get back into gaming. I am looking for common sense players who are creative in their character developments, have a sense of humor and can have fun in social settings. I am not a stern encumberance rule lawyer, and known to augment the game here and there, but I play with basic common sense and logic.

If interested in some oldschool gaming, please reply or pm or whatever this meetup does :)

And soon welcome to the Burke/Fairfax neighborhood soon.
Matthew M.
2ndeditionDM
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 3
Looking for a AD@D 1e or 2e game either in woodbridge, Lakeridge or anywhere close.

I'm open to playing 3.5 or 4.0 (I have the rules) however I'm not experienced in them, I played much 1e and 2e but years ago.

I'm mature and have a professional job, dont live in mom's basement and have manners. I can host occasionally at my place (just have to round up a card table or something and we're good to go. Also figure it's possible to host at the game parlor in woodbridge as I'm sure many host there.

reply on board if you are interested!

regards,

josh

I am building a 1st/2nd edition game in the Fairfax/burke area but have some access to Woodbridge/Lake Ridge so can travel. I play in the dragonlance gaming world but is not opposed for another AD&D gaming world or just a standard game.
I am a 20+ year gaming vet who also works and have a firm grasp of reality and fantasy (Anyone dressing up in elf ears is OUT!) but been really wanting to get back into gaming, either to DM or as a player. Let me know if interested.
Matthew M.
2ndeditionDM
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 4
Greetings everyone,

My name's Dave and I'm a former player of the 2 and 3.5 rules. Havent played in years though but interested in starting up. I've been reading some of the replies here but it's quite a thread. I'm looking for a group around NOVA / Alexandria / Woodbridge area. Preferably Saturday night or Sunday games. I am more of a plot-type player and prefer rp over hack-n-slash, though everyone loves a good fight. I've never played with grids or board-type dungeons as both a player and DM. I'm a very vocal player and love a flushed out story.

I don't know if any groups fall into this catagory but I'd love to hear from you if you do.

Hi Dave, I am a storyteller DM when it comes to my gaming, I love both being creative in the world I play in (Usually the world of krynn of Dragonlance) But also enjoy players character development being creative.
Im currently trying to build a 1st/2nd edition mesh game for common sense non rule lawyer players. We do use a grid mega mat but no worries its easy too work with. I got 20+ years of gaming xp and is a laid back player/DM. I am in the Fairfax/Burke area but have access to Woodbridge as well so can Travel.

hope to hear from you if this is agreeable.

Matthew
Matthew M.
2ndeditionDM
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 5
Hello!

My wife and I are looking to play D&D and looking for a group in the Chantilly/Centreville area. I haven't played D&D since the 2.0 rules (and that over a decade ago), and my wife has never played but is willing to give it a shot and is familiar with the basic concept. So ideally, we'd need people who would be willing to put up with us for awhile as we learn or relearn the rules.

I've had more recent experience playing and hosting other RPG systems (Deadlands, Vampire and Warhammer RPG), but neither of us have played anytime recently. =)

Thanks!
Tim

Hi you two, I am currently building a 1st/2nd game in the Fairfax Area, but can travel down Braddock Rd to Chantilly/Centerville. I enjoy assisting players in getting back to the gaming curve. I don't rule lawyery and play pretty common sense and logical, but enjoy player creativity and sometimes will allow things just to see how it plays out in the game. I am looking for a Laid back atmosphere in the game, quick mind with a joke on hand. Spent 20+ years with a great group enviroment where movie quotes gets blurted out during gameplay and its easy to get a laugh out of people, essentially playing and having fun.

if interested contact me and hopefully we can work something out.