align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Kerim D.
user 12107977
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I am a complete novice when it comes to D&D so i'm looking for a game where people won't be overly aggravated by novice mistakes. Despite being a novice at D&D I have prior tabletop gaming experience with Warhammer 40k and plenty of computer game RPG experience. I am currently living in Arlington (intersection of arlington blvd and pershing) and would like to join a game with any who would have me. I am interning for the next three months here in DC so unfortunately will be leaving at that point and I understand if this would factor into giving me a chance to reconnect with my love of tabletop gaming. Hoping to hear from some of you soon!

Kerim
Hec1uc
user 8569881
Washington, DC
Post #: 12
Hello,

Looking to get into a good group. with humor and having fun as the main goal. I play DnD and Rifts and Star Wars as my main systems, but can brank out if the group is right. Let me know if I can fill into any spots that are left open. I am looking for a weekly based group on the weekends. Thanks for your time and hope to talk wih you soon, thanks.

Hec
Matthew M.
2ndeditionDM
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 7
Ok the Ball is Rolling! Calling all Oldschool Players, anyone with experience in the 1st/2nd edition of Dungeons and Dragons, This 20+ year DnD vet is getting the band back together and starting a Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game based in the Dragonlance universe (So Halflings are Kenders, and Gnomes are tinkers, and absolutely no Orcs)

Those interested drop me a line include your email and I will send out a start up sheer with playable races, classes, Dragonlance original classes and races XP start up point. I am a storyteller and enjoy a good deep character development, those unfamilar with Dragonlance no worries the game plays just like AD&D and I will help with familiarizing you with the dragonlance world and flavor.
For anyone looking for Dragonlance info, beyond getting the books and novels, go to http://www.dlnexus.co...­ will have info on almost everything Dragonlance.

Hope to hear from you players...

Hec1uc
user 8569881
Washington, DC
Post #: 14
Cool, thx for the link!
A former member
I've played 2nd edition and 3.5... looking to stick with 3.5. I played a game with a few house rules, so it would take me a little while to get back into groups with stiff rules. I'm all about having a good time. I enjoy the role playing and puzzle aspects of the game the most. I prefer joining a group of younger professionals, 20s-30s, if at all possible, but I'll play with anyone. Aside from really busy times in the year, I can usually commit to as much as once every week or two.

I'm also willing to learn 4th edition if you're patient while learn the rules.
A former member
Hey! I have played DnD off and on for the past three years. I have been the dungeon master more often than a player, so I'd like a chance to play again. I have played 3.5 and have the books, but I am waaaay more comfortable with 4.0... it just makes more sense to me.

I definitely prefer the communication part of the game, interaction with characters, strong back stories and a major on going story line when possible. I like fighting, but that can get boring after a while.

I have just moved to the area with my fiance who will start classes at George Mason in the fall. I am currently looking for a job, so I can't say how much time I'd be able to commit once I find a job, but in the meantime, our schedules are wide open. We'd both love to join a game. Once I have found a job and met a few people, I might consider starting up a new campaign, but I will definitely post something when that happens.

Looking forward to meeting people!
Matthew M.
2ndeditionDM
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 8
Ok, Zeroing in on the first meeting will be at the Games Parlor in Woodbridge.

Calling all Oldschool DnDers and those familar with Dragonlance. I am starting up a 1st/2nd edition Dragonlance based DnD game. Laid back common sense but creative DM looking for like minded players for entertaining story telling, original gaming quality, fun and joking around. (Encouraging Movie quotes like from such favors as Monty Python's Holy Grail, Ghostbusters, Big Trouble little China, Spaceballs etc etc)

Anyone up for getting together and just having fun with the game hit me up...

as I said before

the ball is Rolling.
Soren N.
user 12290565
Sterling, VA
Greetings all,

I and my friend are in search of a new group. Or theoretically, but less probably, a bunch of recruits for our own campaign. My circle of friends was a bunch of table top role playing virgins who took dove into 4E together. A pair of us quite liked it; the others got bored, so we’re out to find some new folks to play with. Preferably 4E, but I suppose should there be some sort of candy involved we could be motivated to learn earlier editions.
A former member
Post #: 13
Hello,

I am DMing a gaming and have 3 other players. We're looking for one or two more to fill out the group.

Here are the basics:

D&D v 3.5

Washington DC NW and Virginia (15 minutes from Ballston)

Meeting almost every week. Sundays 4 - 8pm. flexible for saturdays.

Starting the Red Hand of Doom campaign module, ( takes characters from 3rd level - 10th level )

We're looking for other mature, fun, laid back players. 3 of us are re-learning rules and we have one newbie. So ideally looking for someone who knows the rules and can be patient or someone with past experience... but hey if you're cool we'll take ya.

E-mail me directly if you're interested and we'll chat more to see if there is a match.

Cheers! -Vinny

A former member
Post #: 8
I recently moved to Alexandria (near Van Dorn stop) and I am looking for a 4th Edition D&D game I can join as a player. I have played 3.5, 2nd edition, and Pathfinder as well.

Please email me at propsterdm@hotmail.com if you are looking for a 4e player.

Thanks,

Dan