The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi - I found you on the post board. I don't know if you still have openings, but I would like to hear about your game if you do. I'm looking to play Sundays, 2-3 times a month.

Drop me a line. Jason Wilke jasonwilke at comcast dot net

Hey folks? I am starting a new Eberron campaign and am looking for a couple players. The campaign will be starting in about 2-3 weeks. We will be meeting weekly in Arlington on Wednesday nights at my apartment. I live about a quarter mile from the Crystal City Metro station.

The campaign will be based in Sharn, if you know anything about the Eberron world. Characters will start at 1st level. The plot will revolve around the characters? actions and backgrounds. Expect a good mix of role-playing and combat. We?ll be playing using the 3.5 rules, and I do like to play by the rules. We?ll be using minis for the combats.

I am very experienced as a DM and have successfully run a two-and-a-half year campaign set in Eberron.

If you are interested, drop me a line at rishi.k.agrawal <at> gmail.com

I know that no one reads the message boards any more, but we're looking for a new player for this campaign. I'd expect someone that could commit to at the very least 75% of the sessions. The only major change is that we decided to convert to 4th edition some time in July.

Drop me a line if you're interested. I'll have some questions for you to answer.

A former member
Post #: 8
Hello all!

I haven't been around for a while, but I have run a game at one of the meet ups last year. I am wanting to start a new campaign using the SPECIAL system, set in the Fallout universe. The special system is loosely based on GURPS, and the Fallout setting is a post-apocalyptic world set after nuclear war. I don't have any set times for meeting yet, I am just looking for players that are looking for a new game in an interesting system. I have many sourcebooks and material, and a campaign ready to go, so send me a message!

Brian
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey all, long time D&D/GURPS gamer here looking to join a new or ongoing campaign in Woodbridge. I live about 5 minutes from the Game Parlor and can meet most evenings and weekends. Prefer not to DM, as I have little time at the moment to organize a campaign, but I am a long time DMer and may consider it down the road to give a DM a break for a while.
A former member
Hey, need a game to get involved with near Springfield. I've done D-D 2, 3 and 3.5 Shadowrun, WoD Classic, GURPS, Exalted, etc. Willing to play anything as long as it is fun and laid back. Free on Friday nights and weekends, for the most part.
A former member
Hey guys, my wife and I just moved into the area. We are excited about D&D 4th Edition, and are hoping to find a campaign to join in. We are available Saturday and Sunday nights, and live in Alexandria across the street from the Eisenhower Metro. My wife loves to play hostess, so we'll gladly offer our place for gaming. We'd prefer to play, but if we can't find a GM, I'll GM a campaign myself.
A former member
Hello!

I'm a 31 year old working professional seeking three or four other serious gamers of a similar age/maturity level for regularly scheduled D&D 4e sessions either on Friday nights or the weekends (afternoon or evening). I prefer to DM, though I'd love to hook up with some other DM's who might be interested in forming groups on other nights where I might get to play character a little.

I'm in Ashburn VA (Brambleton). I've got a good space to host games, but could also travel short distances. I have cats, in case you have allergies. I expect a bi-weekly game is about as good as my age bracket will get me, but weekly games would be fantastic.

Let me know if you're interested. We can do lunch, discuss gaming, and see if we click!
Blake E.
user 8066716
Arlington, VA
Post #: 3
Hey, a bunch of friends of mine and I are starting a Mage the Awakening game in Manassas. I live here in Del Rey, but we're from all over. The three of us are all employees of a video game company in Fairfax. We're looking for a third or fourth player, or maybe even a storyteller as two of us are kind of novices and one of us has no ST experience, but strangely lots of LARP experience(our game is not LARP though, just old school kitchen table fare). We are open minded, music loving, eclectic cool kids. Beware: we do drink and smoke. Hit me up on myspace if you're interested. We're gaming for the first time Monday. http://www.myspace.co...­ (age 23-33 so far)
A former member
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the area, and I'd like to get back into gaming. I started way back on AD&D, and have played 3rd Edition and 3.5, Eberron, and some Palladium. I haven't played 4th edition yet, but I'm a quick learner. I'm looking for a weekend game, given schedules hopefully meeting twice a month (or more). I've got little experience as a DM, so I'm looking to be a player.

I know not a lot of people are too close to me in Woodbridge, so I'd be willing to meet somewhere else. I'm in my late 20's, so I'd prefer a more mature level of gamer ("mature" being, of course, a relative term).
A former member
Post #: 8
No. VA/DC/MD RPGA club announcement

Agreed to PURPOSES of the club:

1.) To encourage RPG gaming in the area, to build a community of
gamers, to be a point of contact for gamers moving into the area and
those who want to be involved in the Role Playing Gamers' Association (RPGA), to offer tables open to
all who want to play, to enhance local gaming opportunities by
providing regularly scheduled games.

2.) In October 2009, to offer a game store-sized convention and
build it up over the years to eventually be run at a commerical site.

Plan: To support the club's purpose, initially, the club will offer
two Living Forgotten Realms (LFR) modules per month at a two monthly meetings, the second
Saturday of every month at the Woodbridge, VA Game Parlor, and the
fourth weekend of the month at other local gaming stores. Additional
gaming opportunities, like Special Events and dungeon delves will be
offered as they become available. Over the years, the club's
offerings may change to support the desires of the gaming community.
The club will communicate gaming opportunities through an e-mail
list, and a future wesbite.

First game offering: The club will run CORM 1-1 "The Black Knight of
Arabel" and AGLA 1-1 "Lost Temple of the Fey Gods" on Saturday,
October 11th at the Woodbridge, VA Game Parlor. The club will offer
2 slots. The early afternoon slot will run from 11-3. The game day
will break for an hour and resume with gaming in the second slot from
4-8. The club will offer both modules in both slots so that players
can get both modules under their belt in one day. The club aims to
set up a Warhorn.net site so that mustering will be done online.

After the club's first game day, it will endeavor to offer these
modules at the Chantilly Game Parlor, Eagle and Empire, and other
gaming stores in the No. VA/DC/MD area on the fourth weekend of the
month.

Future gaming announcements: The club will utilize the RPGA-DC
Yahoo! Group rather than create a separate Yahoo! Group. It will
also try to get a website going. Additionally, the club will place
fliers in local gaming stores.

Plans for the future: Regular game offerings at all local game
stores that can offer space, Dungeon Delve events, a local gaming
convention.
Ender_rpm
Ender_rpm
Vienna, VA
Post #: 1,901
Hey ya'll!!

Long time gamer looking for a weekly or every other week 3.x DnD game. I'm in Vienna, but metro is very convenient for me. Weeknights preferred, tues or thursdays are best. I've been DMing for the last couple years, and really feel like I need to play to recharge the batteries and meet new people. I like solid stories, players who speak in character, swashbuckling action, the ocaisional dungeon crawl, just about anything but deep immersion RP. Homebrew or published worlds are fine, and I'l play whatever your group lacks. Got a fairly extensive library, minis, and I'll bring beer :)

(Me- 33, married, no kids, 2 cats, big G Geek, am also in a band, so field trips in the future are possible).