With only 2 days to plan for it, The protest in Tampa yesterday (Sat. Aug. 31) turned out hundreds of people and was covered by several media outlets including Fox News, Bay News 9, NBC, Creative Loafing and others. Great turnout and energy, and the response from motorists shows the people don't want U.S. military involvement in Syria.
Let's keep going!
Fortunately due to the rising unpopularity of the issue Obama has called for a vote in congress. It is imperative that we keep this energy going and continue to show our leaders that WE ARE NOT OKAY WITH THIS! Our voices have been heard but our work is not done! We will be taking our stand again same time next week. Please come out and join us. If we intervene in Syria it WILL BE WORLD WAR 3!
People agreed to have a 2nd protest next Saturday, Sept. 7, same time (6pm until about 7:15pm), same place (Dale Mabry and Gandy in Tampa).
Since it looks like congress will decide on military action, please contact (email and phone calls) your Senators, representative and the White House during the week to spread the word of "Hands Off Syria."
- Marco Rubio (leaning towards NO),[masked],[masked]-3041.
- Bill Nelson (invade today),[masked],[masked]-5274.
- Kathy Castor (leaning towards NO),[masked],[masked]-3376.
- Bill Young (leaning towards NO),[masked],[masked]-5961.
- Find other congressmembers and email info:
Call and email them demanding that they vote NO to war on Syria. Here are some talking points:
- There's no real proof Assad used chemical weapons, it's more likely it was the al-Qaeda rebels.
- U.S. has used chemical weapons (in Iraq and Vietnam) and its ally, Israel used white phosphorous on civilians in Gaza in 2009.
- U.S. supports dictators and violence against protesters in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and many others.
- Obama has already bombed 6 Muslim nations.
- We don't want to team up with al-Qaeda in Syria and become their Air Force.
PARKING: There is plenty of parking at the protest location, so no worries.
Joining the call to action will be Syrian American Forum, St. Pete for Peace, Uhuru Solidarity Movement, PDA, The Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign, Veterans for Peace, Nature Coast Coaliton for Peace & Justice, Peace & Freedom Party of Florida, The Refuge, Catholic Worker Pinellas, and more.
The time stop the war is now. Share this information with anyone and everyone you know, thousands of innocent lives depend on it!
United We Stand!
More at http://stpeteforpeace.org/pastevents/no.war.with.syria.html