Why protest? Your Fourth Amendment right to privacy is being violated on a daily basis! It's time we stand against this. Together, we'll change the world!
Over a year ago, news broke out that the NSA has been monitoring and recording phone calls, emails, and even Facebook messages made by US citizens. It's not only a gross violation of privacy, but also a breach of the 4th Amendment and the Constitution that protects us from search and seizure without a warrant.
Since then, a grass roots movement has sprung up called Restore the Fourth! People all over the country have formed local chapters and are gathering on July 4th for the One Year Anniversary March in protest of the NSA’s blanket surveillance programs, the Patriot Act, the indefinite detention provision of the NDAA, clemency for Edward Snowden, and above all, we demand government transparency!
Join the protest if you agree with the following agenda:
1. By exercising our right to vote and peacefully protest, for the removal from office of any official in government who acted against our fourth amendment rights. No apologies, no amends, simply removal from office.
2. Repeal the USA PATRIOT ACT and other similar laws. If our currently elected representatives will not do so (highly unlikely), than we shall in the course of time elect those who will.
3. The implementation of a transparent government which respects the fourth amendment and represents the interests of we, the people.
LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION:
**Remember**: When this protest starts it needs to stay PEACEFUL and have signs ONLY related to security, privacy, and the fourth amendment!
Lykes Gaslight Park Tampa, FL.
12:30 pm - Prep and Organize
02:00 pm - Begin Marching
The protest will end whenever the activists decide they're ready to go home. We encourage everyone to spend some time talking to each other and getting to know those around you with similar views. The end game of this rally is to bring people together in an effort to restore the fourth amendment, let's do it!
As we march, we need to give back to the community. Bring trash bags and we can pick up trash along the way! Protest for the people, while helping the people!
THINGS YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A backpack full of water , ice packs, etc.
- A hat, visor, and SUN SCREEN
- Cameras, WE NEED LOTS OF PICTURES!
CARPOOLING: If you want to give a ride or need a ride to the protest then please say so in the comments below.
Assuming the turn-out is similar to last year's event, we are going to need all the help we can get. We want to leave the park in the same condition it was in when we arrived, so please keep that in mind along the way. We will also be bringing along some petitions to Ban Red Light Cameras and other things the group has been working on. If you'd like to help solicit signatures, that would be greatly appreciated. Donors for water would be good too, it tends to be a bit warmer here in July!!