We Are CHANGE Tampa Message Board › We Are Change Tampa Website

We Are Change Tampa Website

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 32
Hey group, I am looking in to getting a website established for the group. I was just looking to get any advice or comments as to a good place to purchase a domain, or if someone else has the ability to get one started up with me. I was talking to Joe Radical, a group member, about getting one up but I cant get in touch with him. If anyone has experience in making websites please comment. I have been looking around but I figured I could get some advice from someone as to the cheapest, or possible one we could get up for free.
A former member
Post #: 33
ya I know what you mean. This website does offfer everything in terms of effectiveness. I was just considering getting some sort of website so that we can get it linked up on wearechange.org . i figure if people go to the wearechange.org site that are from tampa, they wont even really be able to figure out that there is a group located in tampa, because the only one they have linked up is wearechange fl, which we all know is based in orlando and doesnt really participate with us a group, and getting meetups scheduled.

And It kinda seems everyone has their own group just so they can update any of their info, and upload their videos to their own site, and what not.
A former member
Post #: 60
I think its an allround good idea, I have been thinking about doing this for months, just never known how to.It would be great to have a website that people could easily find online (something like the other we are change groups like wac.org
A former member
Post #: 34
Ya thats why I was looking to get one up. I am talking around, trying to get some info on getting one up. All should do the same- if anyone knows anyone that can help out in the process please get in contact with me.
I think it's something good to have so that we can have a main location to upload videos, post info, and just refer people that are interested to.

Meetup.com definately serves all the prime functions we need but I think it is just something we need to establish ourselves as a group.

Any support/opposition for the idea of a website, please all voice your opinions.. I am just one man..
Please anyone with insight as to getting one established or has objections to even getting one please let me know how you feel so I can consider everyone's opinion before getting one up.
Cari
user 6169414
Tampa, FL
Post #: 84
GoDaddy.com is where I went to get template when I was doing the lawn/landscaping biz, but it costs.

I could email a few friends and see if they'd be interested in doing this for us. I know of 2 people who make websites. I'll do that now and get back to ya
Chris S.
Timbawulf
Group Organizer
Clearwater, FL
Post #: 68
It's $10.69 for the domain for a year from www.godaddy.com, but you can have the site hosted elsewhere for free like I do. There are a few different free hosting sites like www.blogger.com, http://wordpress.com­, and www.weebly.com which I use for my site (www.theliberationstation.com­). I'd be glad to help however I can. Maybe we could have multiple webmasters working on different projects to build up the site and make it a bigger web presence.
A former member
Post #: 8
Good idea in reference to the multiple webmasters, download Microsoft Front Page Express its a super easy way to make web pages if your a n00b. Can you get the domain started Chris?
A former member
Post #: 9
Good idea in reference to the multiple webmasters, download Microsoft Front Page Express its a super easy way to make web pages if your a n00b. Can you get the domain started Chris?

If you can I throw down $ when I see ya next time. I dont have credit cards or money in my PP acct.
Cari
user 6169414
Tampa, FL
Post #: 87
I will throw down money as well, and help with being a webmaster as much as I can. I have only ever made an angelfire page with a friend in high school, so I know html, but nothing special.
A former member
Post #: 41
Great to get some response. Okay so I have talked to Shahin about this and got some good info in terms of setting one up for us. He, as many may know, does DProgram.net and has a server where we can host our website for free. So that is all good- and he said he would also help in the process to get it set up.

So yah I guess we just need to get the domain named purchased- and then we just need to set up the page. I deffinately think multiple webmasters is good- just so we can all freely update it w/ info as we progress as a group & a movement. I guess what Daniel suggested would seem to work, Im going to check it out shortly(im not familiar with the program mentioned). And I am not sure exactly what you all had in mind- I was just looking to get one established that can have all our video's & update info in order for potential members to visit as well as other group members to see any footage of our street actions, etc.

I know chris has the liberation station website so I def think you can be of some help to really getting it established as more than just a plain ol bland site ( which I really wouldnt mind either way, I think the real issue is to be active and not necesarrily to have a cool flashy website- I just think it would be good for the aforementioned reasons. )

So certainly, Cari try to get in touch w/ anyone that can help us out with the initial period of setting of the website andeverything. Or whoever for that matter can get in touch w/ someone, I have been trying to do the same but it seems that between Chris, Shahin, & our own members we can get it set up.

Im gonna talk to Shahin now about the server and all, I spoke w/ him at the Coffee Party event and he seemed to be pretty sure there wouldnt be an issue setting it up. I actually have exams this week so I am kind of trying to work around my studying, but I will be trying to look more into it shortly. But whoever can get it set up go ahead and take the iniative. But before purchasing any domain, LET US KNOW. I might be getting it taken care of shortly if I can get the money. Then if any of you could do so, we could just split the price between us.

So keep in touch all, thanks for your advice & everything.