addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

We Are Change Boston /Boston Alternative Media- Journalism Message Board › Taking pictures on the Washington D.C. Metro is apparently illegal

Taking pictures on the Washington D.C. Metro is apparently illegal

A former member
Post #: 3
Has anyone ever had something like this happen to them?

I have been in DC this week and have been doing some site seeing.

So I decided to hop on board the metro and travel to the Pentagon 9-11 memorial site.

While in the Pentagon Metro station I attempted to take some pictures of the tunnel & platform to show my nieces.

After I had taken several photos I was questioned by an employee of the metro and told to delete the pictures I had taken. The metro worker informed me that it was against the law for me to take pictures at the Pentagon metro station and that they (Pentagon officials) get upset if anyone does.

I promptly asked if it was OK to take pictures in any of the other metro stations and I was informed that it was fine to do so.

I am quite upset by this and have to wonder what is so special about the Pentagon metro station vs. any other station?

Apparently the 1st amendment no longer applies. I wish I had video of the incident but unfortunately I do not.