We Are Change Boston / Boston 9/11 Truth Message Board › New Meetup: NEU Antiwar Conference Jan30 MIT
|A former member|
Announcing a new Meetup for Boston Change for Truth!
What: NEU Antiwar Conference Jan30 MIT
When: Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:30 AM
MIT room 34-101
50 Vassar St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
See bolded speakers and panels below - JK
NEW ENGLAND ANTIWAR CONFERENCE
Saturday, January 30, 10:30 AM-6 PM
MIT Bldg. 34-101, 50 Vassar Street, Cambridge MA
REGISTER TODAY! To register for the conference, please go to http://newenglandunit... . No advance payment is required to register and it only takes sixty seconds.
ENDORSE TODAY! If your organization would like to endorse the conference, please email the endorsement to the Outreach committee at email@example.com . Donations are appreciated but are not required to endorse.
DONATE TODAY! If your organization would like to donate to NEU to help support the conference, please send your check (payable to New England United) to New England United, 33 Harrison Avenue, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02111. Thanks.
REQUEST A TABLE! To request a table for your group, please go to http://newenglandunit... . Each table costs $10. Groups may also bring their own tables, but please let us know so we can reserve the space.
Registration: $15 general; $10 students & unemployed; Scholarships available. Lunches (box lunch or pizza) can be ordered in advance. To register for the conference, please go to http://newenglandunit...
Panel 1: The Drive Towards Empire and Endless War
* Glen Ford, Black Agenda Report & Black is Back
* Saadia Toor, Action for a Progressive Pakistan
* Bruce Gagnon, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
* Michael Schwartz, author of War Without End: The Iraq War in Context
Panel 2: Debunking the War on Terror
* Salma Abu Ayyash, Palestinian activist
* Pardiss Kebriaei, Guantanamo Attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights
* Danny Schechter, author of Embedded: Weapons of Mass Deception
* Peter Dale Scott, author of The Road to 9/11: Wealth, Empire, & the Future of America.
* Domestic Costs of War led by Jon Flanders of Troy NY Labor Council and Nellie Bailey of Harlem Tenants Council
* In Our Lifetimes! Obama, the NPT and the International Struggle for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons led by Joe Gerson of AFSC
* Cutting War Spending 25%, Funding Jobs and Neighborhoods led by Mike Prokosch of Dorchester People for Peace
* Global Warming and War led by Ted Glick, Maggie Zhou & Joel Kovel
* Student Organizing led by Wes Strong of CT Students Against the War
* Resistance within the Military: The Renewed Struggles Against U.S. Imperialism led by Priscilla Loundes from March Forward!, IVAW, & VFP
* Covert Operations and 9/11 led by Paul Zarembka, Professor of Political Economy SUNY Buffalo, and Barry Zwicker, Editor of Global Outlook
* Defending Palestine with Salma Abu Ayyash & Sarah Roche-Mahdi
* War in Latin America led by Omar Sierra, Venezuelan Consulate; Antoine del Castro Rio, Colombia Polo Democrático; & Tito Meza, Proyecto Hondureno
** PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE SPEAKER BIOS **
Plenary: Organize regional campaigns to build the March 20 antiwar march on DC, to redirect military spending to human needs, and to end the siege of Gaza.
Social: To be held at a fine Central Square establishment in Cambridge.
Endorsing Organizations to date:
AFSC New England
AFSC SE New England
Augusta Women in Black
Cape Codders for P&J
Code Pink Greater Boston
Code Pink Maine
CT Students Against War
CT United for Peace
Dorchester People for Peace
Global Network Against Nuclear Power & Weapons in Space
Greater Boston Alliance for 9/11 Truth & Justice
Greater Boston Stop the Wars Coalition
Greater Boston United for Justice with Peace Coalition
International Socialist Organization
Island P&J group
Maine Peace Works
Mass Peace Action
Middle East Crisis Committee
Northeast CT Coalition for Peace and Justice
Peace Action Maine
PeaceWorks of Greater Brunswick (ME)
Radio Free Maine
RI Mobilization Committee to Stop War and Occupation
Socialist Party of CT
Southeastern CT War Moratorium
Veterans for 9/11 Truth
Waterville Area Bridges for Peace & Justice
We Refuse to be Enemies (CT)
West Hartford Citizens for Peace and Justice
Women's Int'l League for Peace & Freedom/Maine branch
Bruce K. Gagnon,Coordinator, Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
Christine Gauvreau, Connecticut United for Peace
John Harris, Greater Boston Stop the Wars Coalition
David Keil, Faculty member, Framingham State College; member, MetroWest Peace Action
Marilyn Levin, Boston United for Justice with Peace; Co-Coordinator, National Assembly to End the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars and Occupations
Daniel Piper, Connecticut United for Peace
Sarah Roche-Mahdi, Code Pink Greater Boston
Mark Roman, Waterville Area Bridges for Peace & Justice
Lisa Savage, CODEPINK Maine Local Coordinator
Mark Stahl, RI Mobilization Committee to Stop War and Occupation
for the New England United conference committee
Learn more here: