addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

We Are Change Liverpool Message Board › Help with Child Non registration and Notary Publics

Help with Child Non registration and Notary Publics

Mark: of the famil...
user 84486042
Liverpool, GB
Post #: 1
Hi all.

Watched with Interest WAC Manchesters videos of thier experiences with child non registration and obtaining apassport and I am midway throgh this process myself.

It seems to have gone a little pear shaped and not quite as cut and dried as I imagined after watching said videos.

I wonder if anyone here has experience or some advice for me.

The crux of the matter is that the Passport office have now asked for evidence of my daughters name either by deedpoll or Statutory Decleration, as she obviously has no Birth Cert.

They aslo warn that making a false decleration carries a prison term of upto 2 years. I have contacted a local notary who basically said he wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, and asked me if I was familiar with the term "Freeman on the Land"!!! I said I was, but that this was a little different and he said that his governing body advises all notary publics in England and Wales not to touch anything with a whiff of this about it!!

Couldn't believe my ears.

So my question/s is/are this;

What constitutes a false decleration in these circumstances? Isn't her name whatever I decide it is, and claim it to be?

Why would a notary refuse to touch it? Surely I am responsible for whatever is in the decleration, all he does is witness it?

DOes andyone know a notary who will be more understanding?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Mark: of the famil...
user 84486042
Liverpool, GB
Post #: 2
These message boards not very busy then........