addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Las Vegas Medical Marijuana Meetup Group Message Board Activism! › Where can I go to get my medical card?

Where can I go to get my medical card?

Olivia
user 14424030
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 5
I have been researching different locations in the Las Vegas and Henderson area and I'm not too sure where to go. I am need of getting my medical card, any advice would be greatly appreciated :D!

Thank you,
Olivia
Bonnie Holt M.
Horsepoor
Overton, NV
Post #: 18
Oliva,
Please see the post under recent arrest. There is a clinic on that post. Close to the end
Thanks
A former member
Post #: 5
I have been researching different locations in the Las Vegas and Henderson area and I'm not too sure where to go. I am need of getting my medical card, any advice would be greatly appreciated :D!

Thank you,
Olivia

You don't need any help getting your card.

DO THIS SHIT ON YOUR OWN PEOPLE!!!

HERE'S A STEP-BY-STEP "HOW TO" FOR GETTING YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD:

Step 1.) Write something similar to this:

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is (insert your full name here) and I live at (insert full address here). I am enclosing my check/money order (which ever one it is) for $50 to receive a medical marijuana patient registry card application packet.

Sincerely,
(Your Printed Name)
(Your Signature)

Step 2.) Write a check or get a money order for $50 made payable to "Nevada State Health Division" and put it, along with the letter, in an envelope with correct postage and address it to:

Nevada State Health Division
Medical Marijuana Program
4150 Technology Way
Suite 104
Carson City, NV 89706

Then drop it in the outgoing mail.

Step 3.) Wait for at least 30 days for the state to receive and process your information before you get your application packet in the mail.

Once you get your packet in the mail it will include:

• A checklist to help you make sure you include everything the State needs
  • An Employer Information Page
  • A Nevada Medical Marijuana Program Facts page
  • A WARNING page regarding Nevada Revised Statutes 484 - Traffic Laws
  • A Physician Information Page
  • A blank Attending Physician's Statement page
  • A Registration Application page that has your Initial Application ID in the top left corner (NOT some photo copied state form missing an app ID like the guys at Dr. Reefer were famous for)
  • A Waiver Form and an Acknowledgement Form that will both need to be notarized. Usually you can get your bank to do it for free, but some places will charge you as much as $5!!! OMG <sarcasm>
  • A fingerprint card for the required background check. You can get fingerprinted at a number of places ranging from FREE to $20 depending on where you go. (Privately contact me if you need help finding a place.)

Step 4.) Once you get your packet with all of the items listed above, complete the following steps:

• Get Waiver Form and an Acknowledgement Form notarized.
  • Completely fill out the Registration Application with BLUE ink and sign and date the bottom.
  • Make a large photocopy, not actual size copy, of your Nevada State ID or Nevada Drivers License to include with the packet.
  • Get your fingerprints taken
  • Take the Attending Physician's Statement to your doctor. (I can refer you to one who only charges $80 if you need one.)
  • Write a check or money order for $150 made payable to "Nevada State Health Division".
  • Mail ALL of this to :

Nevada State Health Division
    Medical Marijuana Program
    4150 Technology Way
    Suite 104
    Carson City, NV 89706

Step 5.) Now wait to receive your first letter from the State in the mail. Even though it's only supposed to take 30 days, be prepared to wait longer (it took 63 days AFTER my check for $150 cleared before I got my first letter). This letter will contain a stamped copy of your original application along with a letter from the State explaining your temporary status while undergoing the background check. There will be an assigned patient number under your name and an expiration date for your temporary status (mine was 45 days from March 22).

Step 6.) Wait some more... After the State finishes your background check, you will then be mailed your acceptance letter (hopefully within the 45 days). This is the second letter you will receive and it contains the information you need to go to the DMV to have your card made.

Step 7.) Twist one up and smoke in celebration of being a part of the program, but don't go to Dispensaries!!! Those places are illegal. This is a grow your own state people! If you need help contact me or just do yourself a favor and NOT join this busted ass, broken program that METRO likes to use as a way to violate patients' rights and get easy busts instead of dealing with real crime and criminals.

I say this because we as patients are forced to go to the streets anyway, whether it's for our first seed, clipping, clone, plant, etc. or if you're lazy or medically unable to grow you have to go to the street for the actual meds too, so why bother giving the State money when they DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU OR YOUR RIGHTS OR YOUR LEGITIMATE NEED FOR CANNABIS AS A MEDICATION!

Regardless, here's the knowledge to do it yourself if you decide that's what you really want. You don't need to waste money to have someone hold your hand.
Syd
kb411
North Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 149
@ Daniel.....how well put! cool
I did it all myself too and yes, it took 4-5 months to get my card. I'd stay away from dispensaries or any kind of BUSINESS that solicits to help a patient. Once you ask for their help, you will be adding your names even more into the Feds spotlight. When, not if, they get busted, your names will be connected to them. For those hoping to start a garden, just hope you can be lucky enough to find a couple of Meetup friends to share/donate some clones to patients in need....never ever sell or buy. Until Federal laws are changed, just expect to live somewhat in fear and looking out the window a lot. angry Be safe everyone!