Wearable Wednesday NY - Kickoff!!
**Paid Eventbrite Ticket or Paid Meetup Ticket is required for all guests: ** http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wearable-wednesday-ny-kickoff-tickets-10373608743?aff=eorg
Goodwin Proctor's space is in the New York Times building, with gorgeous views overlooking the Hudson. Event will be nicely catered, with open bar.
Hosted by Paul Farkas, Wearable Wednesday NY, Co-Founder, Accessory2
6:45-7:00p Foursquare Presentation
7:00-7:15p Hacking Happiness, John C. Havens
7:15-7:45p Social Impact of Wearables Panel
7:45-8:00p Closing Keynote: Chris Grayson
8:00-9:00p Networking, Cocktails and Tasty Bites
Exploring the Social Impact of a Wearable Era
- John Havens, founder, The H(app)athon Project; author, Hacking Happiness
- Ori Inbar, co-founder, Augmented World Expo (AWE); co-founder and CEO of Augmented Reality.ORG, a global non-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing augmented reality (AR); founder, Ogmento; founder, ARNY http://augmentedworldexpo.com/; http://www.meetup.com/ARNY-Augmented-Reality-New-York/
- David Ban, mobile and wearables partnerships, Foursquare http://foursquare.com
-Amanda Parkes, Visiting Scientist, MIT Media Lab; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Columbia University - Dept. Architecture
- Dave Mathews, founder of NewAer, is a low power software scanning engine that any developer can use in their apps to allow phones to discover one another, or devices like WiFi, Bluetooth and Cellular towers. Thinkof it as a better iBeacon. http://www.newaer.com/
- Amy Vernon, Glimpse, 20-year veteran journalist, speaker, blogger, on a variety of topics including content marketing, community management, social, and mobile. Mentor, Women Innovate Wireless. http://amyvernon.net
- Chris Grayson, Founder (Stealth Wearable Startup); advisor CrowdOptic.com; events: Tedx SiliconAlley, Augmented World Expo.
-Eventbrite Ticket Page--> http://bit.ly/1beqqEH
Wearable Wednesday NY Page
Wearable World connects businesses to the social fabric of the Internet of Wearable Things. Our goal is to provide an innovation platform to foster the blend of technology, art and humanity. Through news content, incubator and accelerator programs, and events, Wearable World acts as the catalyst for future Wearable Technology innovation. The Wearable World platform addresses the need for entrepreneurs to connect, learn, and engage the wider Wearable Technology global ecosystem. http://wearableworld.co
In association with Global Wearable Day. Wearable Wednesday was created by Accessory2 Co-Founders, Paul Farkas and Kimmie Smith as a global Wearable Day to recognize, feature, shop, and discover. After Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday, discover, shop, and celebrate Wearable Wednesday on 12.3.14. http://wearablewednesday.com/