Wearing Google Glass Message Board › Exploring Google Glass event Wednesday 7/10
Dear Glass Explorers and GlassWaiters,
Our event is tomorrow, Wednesday at Workbar. Below is some notes about the event and the tentative agenda. I hope to make the Mega Hangout the highlight of the event, so Explorers please make sure you know how to use hangouts and add me as a Glass enabled contact. Any questions, contact me directly. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!
Exploring Glass Meetup 7/10/2013: Introduction
John Rodley, CEO Farlo, email@example.com
Turnout for the event was larger than I expected, and sponsorship for the event fell through so I’m eating the cost of the venue and the food. I’m passing the hat with a suggested donation of $5. Every little bit helps.
There will be lots of random video being taken and shared and thus no privacy at this event. If you don’t want to be on video you shouldn’t be here.
If you tweet about the event, use the hashtag #exploringglass and mention @rodley. And a thanks to @workbar would also be in order.
If you are bringing a Glass to the Meetup:
• Make sure to get a sticker from the signup table and affix it to the side of your Glass. We don’t want any Glass getting mixed up.
• Make sure to get a feather from the signup table and affix THAT to the side of your Glass as well. We want any borrowed Glass to be easily visible from anywhere.
• As time and your inclination allows, pull a name off the signup board, track them down and let them try your Glass out. Put the used sticky from the signup board into the “done” box.
• Make sure you know where your Glass is at all times.
If you want to try a Glass:
• Put your name on a sticky and attach it to the signup board near the front door. A Glass owner will call you when a device is available.
• Limit tryouts to 5 minutes or less.
• Stick close to the Glass owner – don’t wander off.
• Only return the Glass to the person who gave it to you. If you have a Glass but lose the owner, bring it to me and I will track them down.
If you want to talk about a particular Glass use:
Write your Glass topic on one of the whiteboards sprinkled around the room and we’ll take it up to a breakout session. If you see a topic you like, add a checkmark to it. The breakout sessions will take place in Big Bang (big conf room upstairs) and Pintura (small conf room downstairs). And feel free to gather a group on the floor and talk about whatever.
Exploring Glass Meetup 7/10/2013: Agenda
6:00 – 6:15 Setup and Networking
• Get your Glass on the network and identified. Wifi SSID/PW - See the whiteboard near the door.
• Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of Glass-enabled contacts and to a G+ circle so you can participate in the Mega Glass Hangout.
• Place a video call to “John Rodley” (email@example.com) to test joining the Mega Hangout. The Mega Hangout will be live throughout the evening.
6:15 – 6:30 Welcome and Food
• Goals of the meetup
• Rules for Explorers (identify your device)
• Rules for borrowers (respect the device)
• System for borrowing
• Note about warranty repair and lost/stolen replacement.
6:30 – 7:30 Breakouts and Glass Demo
• Announce breakout topics and send off to Pintura/Big Bang
• Google.com/myglass – demo on screen from laptop
• MyGlass app – demo on screen from Nexus 7
• Glass Tour (Settings, Timeline), NYT, CNN, Twitter, Facebook – demo on screen from Glass
7:30 – 8:30 Mega Glass Hangout and Networking
• Place a video call to “John Rodley” (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join the Mega Hangout on the big screen in the Café.