October 22, 2012 · 6:00 PM
This is a FREE event is organized and hosted by Alla Gringaus, Alla Gringaus, Web Technology Fellow at Time Inc.
The HTTPBis working group is now hard at work on HTTP 2.0, and SPDY was chosen as the starting point for the new specification. In this session we'll cover all you need to know about HTTP 2.0:
- Why HTTP 2.0, why now, and what problems is it solving?
- How will HTTP 2.0 affect existing pages and web apps?
- Performance is a big focus - how will HTTP 2.0 accelerate the web?
- When will it be here?
- Do I need to modify my pages to work with HTTP 2.0?
- What about SPDY? Can I use that today already? (Yes!)
- How do I deploy it, or take advantage of these improvements... preferably today?
Ilya Grigorik is a web performance engineer and developer advocate on the Make The Web Fast team at Google, where he spends his days and nights on making the web fast and driving adoption of performance best practices.
Prior to focusing on web performance Ilya was the founder and CTO of PostRank, a social analytics company which was acquired by Google and became the core of social analytics reporting within Google Analytics. Whenever not thinking web performance, or analytics, Ilya can be found contributing to open-source projects, reading, or building fun projects like VimGolf, GitHub Archive and others.
Rockefeller Center, Time & Life Bldg
1271 Ave of the Americas
2nd Floor, room #1
Getting in & security:
- Arrive to 1271 Ave of the Americas, enter either 50th or 51st streets entrances
- Try to arrive at 5:45pm to allow enough time for getting the badge and scan your bag
- In the reception area, you’ll see Alla Gringaus, Web Technology Fellow, Time Inc.
- Alla will hand you the building Guest Badge
- Right there, proceed to get your bag scanned, to get a green sticker
- Prepare your photo ID, for the security checkpoint, by the turnstiles
- Take the escalator near the reception towards the meeting room #1 on the 2nd Fl, follow the signs
- Occupy your seat.
- For those who will arrive after 7pm, proceed to the second door on 50th Street. Call Alla's mobile [masked] (she may not get a good reception from inside the conf. room) – she’ll come when she can to get you.