As a Technical Publishing Specialist you will participate in the completion of multimedia technical documentation. You will have responsibility for the integrity of multimedia source and final output files for web, print media and ebooks.
• Project Management: Participating in project planning sessions
• Preproduction: Creating compatible working environment for documents by transferring files between platforms, changing or creating graphics formats, and converting text and graphics files as necessary.
• Production: Entering text and/or text corrections and formatting tags from specified, edited or proofed copy.
• Deliverables Creation: Hardcopy and ebooks.
• Documents Management: Responsible for moving both the source (text and graphics) and final output files to the appropriate directory space (UNIX) or branches (PC).
• Testing and Support: Preflights files and interprets reports. Debugging and correcting files as necessary to upload to appropriate business channels; applications and ereading devices.
Desired Skills/ Background Required:
• Post-secondary training in graphics arts as well as technical documentation or communication arts field.
• Requires a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience.
• Knowledge of principles of good information design in a multimedia information delivery environment
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work from both spec'd and unspec'd drafts
• VBA for Microsoft Word (or VBA in general)
• CSS knowledge
• Java scripting (InDesign Java scripting would be preferred)
• Microsoft WORD
• LaTeX creation and conversion to epub
• Adobe Creative Suite Pro-InDesign 5.5, Dreamweaver, etc.)
Contact me at jhood @ pinpointrg.com