Weirdery Message Board › Why are we weird?

Why are we weird?

Madelyn M.
travellady
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
Two-Minute Tune-Up 7.23.12 “You Were the Weirdest Person with Whom I Have Ever Worked”

My former boss said this to me when I left the restaurant business. The comment took me by surprise. I was a conscientious employee but I was also a round peg trying to squeeze into a square hole. The corporate environment was never a natural fit.

”Weirdness” often happens because we are in the wrong environment, ignoring the signs that say, This isn’t your place; move on.

Other signs:

Depression
Low energy
Anger
Anxiety
These are painful to endure…not only for ourselves, but also for the people who have to live and work around us. When we finally take the hint and go after our dreams, everyone benefits.

“To love what you do and feel that it matters…how could anything be more fun?”

- Katharine Graham

I hope you will go where you are celebrated…not just tolerated. FROM PAM BOYD'S THE TWO MINUTES TUNE-UP
Mark F.
user 7281516
Garland, TX
Post #: 112
Right on, Madelyn! The corporate culture definitely isn't for everyone. (And that includes me!) The last time I tried it, things didn't work out all that well (putting it mildly). Nowadays, as long as I've got enough money to pay the bills, that's plenty good enough! biggrin