Rules and Etiquette:
As of the start date of "Well-Dressed Heads" I am new to Meetups and organizing events for groups of people so if there are glitches along the way please forgive me...I expect to be learning as we go along and this info on rules and etiquette will most likely evolve and change. I'm not much for strident laws...I want everyone to feel comfortable and have fun...but there are a few rules to follow:
1. Please be kind and respectful to your fellow members and anyone we encounter on our outings. If any of you experience a problem or conflict with another member please contact me and let me know.
2. If you RSVP for an outing and need to cancel...or might be running late...please try to give at least 24 hours notice especially with events that require reservations and pre-payments.
3. At this time Members are not charged membership dues to be part of the group...the Organizer dues are paid by one of our sponsors...but for some of the more elaborate outings there may be a participation fee to cover some costs.
4. Members are responsible to pay for individual expenses they incur on our outings...like at restaurants and bars. I think it's best for us each to pay by separate bills...if the establishments will comply.
5. Members are encouraged to suggest outings...send your ideas to me and I will announce them or offer them up for discussion as a possibility. I would like to support small local businesses rather than big chains and I will not accept any idea that involves harm or cruelty to animals.
6. Hats are required on all outings...but I am definitely open to what a hat might be. I do hope that people will be creative and enthusiastic about being stylish and unique. Sometimes an event will have a theme and the type of hat will need to fit those parameters...otherwise surprise us! Soon I will be posting some helpful tidbits on hats for those new to hat wearing...info on styles, how to wear, hat care and etiquette. Above all, have fun!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Well-Dressed Heads: Portland's Hat Wearing Social Club||July 27, 2013 1:40 PM||Suzanne|