add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Wellington .NET User Group Message Board › Your usergroup has speakers

Your usergroup has speakers

Bevan A.
Wellington, NZ
Hi Everyone.

Thanks for the response to my previous message - we now have a relatively full calendar of presentations between now and just before TechEd:

• YouConf and Azure with Phil Lee
  • SOLID Principles with Ben Amor
  • Data Centric Applications using LightSwitch 2012 with Anupama Natarajan
  • People skills for Software Engineers with John Rusk
  • A Technical teardown of Raygun with John-Daniel Trask
  • Developers are UX Monsters, RAWR - with Julian Apatu
  • Globalization and Localization with Daniel McGaughran
  • Static Analysis for the Win with Bevan Arps

Such a good spread of topics, something for everyone. See­ for more details.

Thanks to all those presenting - and to those who made topic suggestions for future meetings.

We still have room for more presentations prior to TechEd - say, if you want to practice a TechEd talk - as well as a need for content to fill the rest of the year.

So if you have something to share, or if you'd like to hear about a specific topic, please have a chat to Kirk or myself.

For what it's worth, we'd particularly like to find speakers to talk about these oft requested topics:

• Functional Programming - "What is FP and why should I care?"
  • Inversion of Control - "What problem is it trying to solve? How does it change my code/design, and how is that better?"
  • Database access - "What is the Repository Pattern? What is a Unit of Work? What is Active Record all about? What's the return on the additional complexity of an ORM? How does NHibernate compare to Lightspeed to Massive to Dapper to Xyz?"

Keep Smiling,