After a decent re-launch of the monthly Drupal Meetups, feedback received has been overall positive. The event allowed us to re-establish as a group, as a community of practice and provide more direction and focus for future events.
Future events will keep the free-form nature though we'll also make note to stick to the clock and keep focus on our agenda.
So.. what's next?
WHEN: 14th August , 6pm - 9pm
WHERE: Catalyst IT
- Drupal performance and how to do it.
- Group Q&A
- Hosting environments. What does everyone use?
- Group Q&A
- drupal.net.nz - updating to be current for all of our benefit, and potentially running as our new community site.
- Open floor discussion
ONGOING AGENDA: (These are open discussion points that anyone can contribute to at any stage and we'll also bring these up at the end of each meetup for people who stick around).
- Topics for future meetups. Have something that you're dying to discuss with the community? Come loaded with discussion topics and we can take them all down for future agenda points. What are the big issues you face in your organisation with Drupal, and what are you doing about it?
- HR Needs for Wellington Drupal. Does your business have too much or too little work? Are you on the hunt for Drupal talent or brimming with it and not being acknowledged? Are you finding that you have to turn away Drupal projects due to small scalability, or are you a young designer/developer yearning for recognition and new projects? This is a chance to pool our thoughts, resources and where relevant, identify new collaborations.
REFRESHMENTS: Beer and pizza provided by Sparks Interactive. Thanks Sparks! And thanks Catalyst! Without you guys, there is no meeting room, no beer, and no pizza - a sad thought indeed. So cheers to Catalyst and Sparks for supporting the Wellington Drupal community :)
CONTRIBUTE: Want to share something specific with the group? These events are always open for people to take the stage, run a presentation or anything that they think might be interest to the wider group. Get in touch!
See you there :)