September 11, 2012 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
More riveting Drupal discussion await us in September! August provided us a change to talk some serious Drupal. The turn out again was excellent and the discussion covered a lot of useful technical knowledge that most attendees seemed to benefit from. The next event is planned to be quite similar and will involve lots of casual networking and deliciously dense web discussion.
Note to everyone: the floor is very open for anyone who wants to give presentations, share their work, show off their Drupal projects etc. If you have something you want to share, speak up!
So.. what's next?
WHEN: 11th September, 6pm - 9pm
WHERE: Catalyst IT
- Drupal security and how to do it.
- Group Q&A
- Aegir What is it? What does it do? What are other systems that are similar to Aegir? Why is this kind of system important for Drupal site building companies?
- Group Q&A
- Drupal upgrade path from 6 to 7 - updating a site from 6 to 7? This is a chance to talk about what works, what doesn't, what to do and what to avoid.
- Group Q&A
ONGOING AGENDA: (These are open discussion points that anyone can contribute to at any stage and we'll also bring these up at the end of each meetup for people who stick around).
- Topics for future meetups. Have something that you're dying to discuss with the community? Come loaded with discussion topics and we can take them all down for future agenda points. What are the big issues you face in your organisation with Drupal, and what are you doing about it?
- HR Needs for Wellington Drupal. Does your business have too much or too little work? Are you on the hunt for Drupal talent or brimming with it and not being acknowledged? Are you finding that you have to turn away Drupal projects due to small scalability, or are you a young designer/developer yearning for recognition and new projects? This is a chance to pool our thoughts, resources and where relevant, identify new collaborations.
- drupal.net.nz - updating to be current for all of our benefit, and potentially running as our new community site.
REFRESHMENTS: Beer and pizza provided by Sparks Interactive. Thanks Sparks! And thanks Catalyst! Without you guys, there is no meeting room, no beer, and no pizza - a sad thought indeed. So cheers to Catalyst and Sparks for supporting the Wellington Drupal community :)
CONTRIBUTE: Want to share something specific with the group? These events are always open for people to take the stage, run a presentation or anything that they think might be interest to the wider group. Get in touch!
See you there :)
Lastly, a quick shout out to dman, have a great time in Munich for the August 2012 European DrupalCON and please absorb lots of knowledge for us! We will be eager to hear of your adventures when you return.