Following another highly interesting Drupal meetup, we look forwards to what's happening in October.
We've moved the events from the second Tuesday of each month to the first Tuesday of each month, which for October means we'll be seeing each other on Oct 2 - which also happens to be my (and Gandhi's) birthday. We shall need twice the normal amount of beer!
It was asked by a Drupal enthusiast that we move these events to working-hours. However, I know for the majority of us that would make the gathering (and the drinking of the beer) a little difficult. Unless there is a large demand for this, we will keep them as after-work activities.
So.. what's the meetup all about?
This meetup will largely be about Drupal theming.
WHEN: 2nd October, 6pm - 9pm
WHERE: Catalyst IT
- Responsive theming in Drupal - what's involved, what are the best templates to use, what is responsive theming capable of and what are the best ways to achieve it?
- Group Q&A
- HTML5, CSS3, and other interface essentials - are you up to the play in Drupal theming? What new possibilities in interface graphics are being realised?
- Group Q&A
- Device accessibility and site optimisation - still chasing the split second page loads? Can't get it to look the same on different browsers? Wrestled with PIE.htc? Want to know how to achieve the best graphics at the lowest file sizes? This talking topic will follow on largely from general theming but include a performance twist.
Come loaded with stories and questions.
- Group Q&A
ONGOING AGENDA: (These are open discussion points that anyone can contribute to at any stage and we'll also bring these up at the end of each meetup for people who stick around).
- Topics for future meetups. Have something that you're dying to discuss with the community? Come loaded with discussion topics and we can take them all down for future agenda points. What are the big issues you face in your organisation with Drupal, and what are you doing about it?
- HR Needs for Wellington Drupal. Does your business have too much or too little work? Are you on the hunt for Drupal talent or brimming with it and not being acknowledged? Are you finding that you have to turn away Drupal projects due to small scalability, or are you a young designer/developer yearning for recognition and new projects? This is a chance to pool our thoughts, resources and where relevant, identify new collaborations.
- drupal.net.nz - updating to be current for all of our benefit, and potentially running as our new community site.
REFRESHMENTS: Beer and pizza provided by Sparks Interactive. Thanks Sparks! And thanks Catalyst! Without you guys, there is no meeting room, no beer, and no pizza - a sad thought indeed. So cheers to Catalyst and Sparks for supporting the Wellington Drupal community :)
CONTRIBUTE: Want to share something specific with the group? These events are always open for people to take the stage, run a presentation or anything that they think might be interest to the wider group. Get in touch!
See you there :)
There will be a brief presentation on graphics and theming by Rox Flame at the beginning of the meetup so make sure you arrive on time!