So.. what's the meetup all about?
This meetup will largely be a pot luck of topics and be an inclusive, engaging fly through relevant discussion points raised by the community.
There will be a short debrief from DrupalCon Munich delivered by Dan Morrison at the beginning of this meetup around 6:15 so make sure you arrive on time.
WHEN: 6th November, 6pm - 8:30pm
WHERE: Catalyst IT
- Drupal 8 & 9 - what would you like to see in the future of Drupal? Are there solutions that already exist? As the software continues to evolve, what directions is it going to take?
- DrupalCon debrief & group Q&A
- Government requirements for websites - we're aware of the 'warming' to the Drupal CMS that government is taking - not just in NZ, but globally - and this has really big consequences for our professional communities. What do we need to know about delivering to government clients? What are things like 'Open Data' ?
- Group Q&A
- Kicking off development for drupal.net.nz - time for us all to bite on this project and have a good chew. We have the hosting space, we have the developers, we have the talent and we sure as chips will have a shiney new community site.
- Group brainstorm and planning session
ONGOING AGENDA: (These are open discussion points that anyone can contribute to at any stage and we'll also bring these up at the end of each meetup for people who stick around).
- Topics for future meetups. Have something that you're dying to discuss with the community? Come loaded with discussion topics and we can take them all down for future agenda points. What are the big issues you face in your organisation with Drupal, and what are you doing about it?
- HR Needs for Wellington Drupal. Does your business have too much or too little work? Are you on the hunt for Drupal talent or brimming with it and not being acknowledged? Are you finding that you have to turn away Drupal projects due to small scalability, or are you a young designer/developer yearning for recognition and new projects? This is a chance to pool our thoughts, resources and where relevant, identify new collaborations.
- drupal.net.nz - updating to be current for all of our benefit, and potentially running as our new community site.
REFRESHMENTS: Beer and pizza provided by Sparks Interactive. Thanks Sparks! And thanks Catalyst! Without you guys, there is no meeting room, no beer, and no pizza - a sad thought indeed. So cheers to Catalyst and Sparks for supporting the Wellington Drupal community :)
CONTRIBUTE: Want to share something specific with the group? These events are always open for people to take the stage, run a presentation or anything that they think might be interest to the wider group. Get in touch!
See you there :)