Thanks to those of you who read the forum post and emailed me with ideas for the upcoming December meetup.
So.. what's the meetup all about?
This meetup will be the best opportunity yet for newcomers to the group. We'll start by allowing some time for new (and old) introductions, and much of the meetup will be an open Q & A session for anyone to seek some advice or feedback on a Drupal issue. We are a very open source group - sharing knowledge and making new friends is the entire idea of these meetups.
If there are questions that require more time than we have, we'll jot them down for next years first meetup.
This meetup is also an opportunity for us to reflect as a group on the past year and how we have came together - a unique, diverse crew of people with a shared passion for making awesome websites - and successfully built up a friendly, supportive community of practice. What do we want to see moving into next year?
This event will also include a de-brief from the drupal.net.nz weekend code sprint we did together on Saturday.
WHEN: 11th December, 6pm - 8:30pm
WHERE: Catalyst IT Level 3
- Newbie spotlight - an optional opportunity for new people to the group to say a quick intro and tell us a bit about what you're doing with Drupal. Are you looking for work? Are any of the organisations at the meetups hiring?
- Drupal client administration and training - having challenges getting your clients into content editing? What are some tips, tricks, and best practices around this?
- General Drupal Q & A - need to tap into the wider wisdom of the group? This is the most powerful function of the meetups and worth taking advantage of. Useful for newbies and veterans alike to get peer feedback, insights and leads.
- Drupal meetups and 2013 - moving into the next year, how would we like to plan things? Is the current structure good or should we make new inclusions? Can people attend a January meetup or should we kick things off in Feb? Who is going to DrupalCON Downunder?
ONGOING AGENDA: (These are open discussion points that anyone can contribute to at any stage and we'll also bring these up at the end of each meetup for people who stick around).
- Topics for future meetups. Have something that you're dying to discuss with the community? Come loaded with discussion topics and we can take them all down for future agenda points. What are the big issues you face in your organisation with Drupal, and what are you doing about it?
- HR Needs for Wellington Drupal. Does your business have too much or too little work? Are you on the hunt for Drupal talent or brimming with it and not being acknowledged? Are you finding that you have to turn away Drupal projects due to small scalability, or are you a young designer/developer yearning for recognition and new projects? This is a chance to pool our thoughts, resources and where relevant, identify new collaborations.
- drupal.net.nz - updating to be current for all of our benefit, and running as our new community site.
REFRESHMENTS: Beer and pizza are provided by the very lovely Sparks Interactive. Thanks Sparks! You guys are awesome! If only everyone else were as good at providing beer and pizza as you...
And thanks Catalyst! Without you guys, there is no meeting room - a sad thought indeed. So cheers to Catalyst and Sparks for supporting the Wellington Drupal community, we all really appreciate it! :)
CONTRIBUTE: Want to share something specific with the group? These events are always open for people to take the stage, run a presentation or anything that they think might be interest to the wider group. Get in touch! Organisation of these events is provided by Xequals. Please contact us if you'd like contribute to an event.
See you there :)