First weekend in March means Martinborough Fair on Saturday and TK Farmers Market on Sunday.
Here's the plan:
1. Head over hill for Martinborough Fair Sat morning (optional).
2. Meet up at Vynfields Organic Vineyard at 2pm for a tasting.
3. Head to La Finca to camp, cook and dine under stars.
4. Visit Te Kairanga Farmer Market Sunday morning.
La Finca is private land with a spectacular Wairarapa view. There is a caravan over there equipped with cooking and dining equipment. And a composting toilet. No electricity, no tap water and no cell phone coverage.
You will need to bring
* Tent, warm sleeping gear and camping chair
* Warm clothes - Wairarapa temperatures can drop dramatically at night.
* Food and wine for feasting
* Five litres of water per person for drinking, cooking and dishes - use your earthquake supplies