Wellington Musician Meetup Group Message Board › Gauging interest: New Open Mic Night

Gauging interest: New Open Mic Night

Stephen B.
StephenBranigan
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 2
Hi All,

I have been living in Wellington for close to a year now. I am from Ireland where you can't swing a cat without hitting the door of an open mic night.

I want to try my best to help music along in Wellington and do my part. I am trying to gague interest for a new open mic night (ensuring it doesn't clash with any others). I have had ideas around a fully unplugged night, so open mic without the mic.

Thoughts?
A former member
Post #: 222
Hi Stephen. Sounds great to me, the more the merrier! If Wellington could be just a little more like Ireland for open mike nights it would be fantastic. Let one of us organisers know what you've got planned, or if you need any help. We can list the event on the group. You can also just do this yourself by using the 'Suggest a Meetup" box. Welcome to the group! p.s jam session this Thursday evening on the calendar, if you're keen
Jowe
Gclefchic
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 19
awesome idea! :)
Nigel P.
user 122703672
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
Open mics I know about;
Fringe bar tuesdays
Acoustic Routes Mojo Invincible 1st Friday
Newtown (somewhere, can't remember the name of the bar ottomh) 1st Friday

Paekakariki - Danilo's at Finns 4th Wednesday

Singarounds
Acoustic Routes usually 2nd sunday (not over Christmas though). http://www.acousticroutes.org.nz/­
Kapiti Live Music Club - Raumati 1st Wednesday
Americana Jam session, Meow, 4th Sunday afternoon Meow.