Wellington NZSL Meetup Message Board › Meeting - NZSL Interpreters and Deaf Working together

Meeting - NZSL Interpreters and Deaf Working together

AJ B.
AJBishop
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 3
Hi everyone,
This is my first input since becoming an Organiser to help Anastasia with organising events. I would like to let you know that there is an interesting Deaf community meeting on Wednesday 23rd October at 7.30pm - 9.30pm. Deaf Centre 32 Marion Street, TeAro, Wellington CBD.

This meeting is about working relationship between NZSL Interpreters and Deaf community, they will be having informal discussion about:
-What Interpreter behaviour and attitude is expected by Deaf people?
-How can Deaf people make it easier for Interpreters to do the job and role well?
-Should there be boundaries between Interpreters and Deaf people?
-SLIANZ Complaint Process - what for and how it works?
This would be interesting informative meeting for those who would like to know more about NZSL Interpreting in our Deaf community.
We can meet on Thursday 24th October (the next night) to discuss this more over coffee.

Look forward to meeting everyone soon.

cheers

AJ Bishop
Anastasia
user 103843812
Group Organizer
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 4
Thanks for that AJ. I won't be around that week so I anyone here please feel free to let us know if Thursday works for you and if anyone other than Kim are interested in going for the interpreters meeting on Wednesday please raise your hands here and we can take it from there. I hope you all can see this board?
Kimberley O.
user 104176602
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
Awesome thanks AJ. The meeting looks really interesting, as a budding future interpreter will be cool to see the discussion.