wellington.js Message Board › I'm looking for more JS experience

I'm looking for more JS experience

Marcus Y.
user 15333681
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
Hey all :)
I'm looking for unpaid professional experience in the industry.

I'm a hobby programmer. The training that I have received has largely been online through the w3c tutorials. Right now my CV needs more relevant content and in time I'd like to add a professional portfolio of past work.

My programming and design experience has been through my own goals and pet projects.
I have experience with jquery, CSS and Ajax.
I have also played about with a couple of personal MySQL databases and PHP.

Ideally I'm looking for someone who is old handed or maybe a team of people who are already established. People who would not mind having an extra pair of hands around (I can make coffee too).

From this I would like to have a new CV reference and maybe something that I can refer back to in my next job interview.

Right now I have lots of free time during the business hours. My normal work is generally Friday to Monday with split shifts. I also live in central Wellington so I can be pretty much anywhere, anytime.

If anybody out there would like to meet up for a coffee in town that would be greatly appreciated.
Ivan K.
user 40017722
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
A reference to learning by w3c tutorials is more harm than good tbh.
user 14226355
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 2
Hi, if not already done, something that is regularly encouraged by peers is being involved in open source projects and contribute in some way (preferably coding or if you want documentation). Mentioning this along with having examples during an interview may bring a favorable smile to the person across from you.

There are many open source projects on github/google code/sourceforge etc

All the best