UDPATE: APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE NOTIFICATION - Due to Homegrown happening on the waterfront tomorrow, I've had to change the venue - the venue for tomorrow's event will be at the Botanical Garden - we'll meet at 2pm at the Sound Shell. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Cheers.
Hi all! Firstly Happy New Year! Hope you're all getting into the groove of things and enjoying our sometimes fine summer.
So who's up for a Portrait shoot event? I think we all find it hard to practise our people and portraits photography skills on a regular basis as we don't have easy access to well...people...to pose for us. So in aid of this, I propose a session where the idea is that we all get together and have a big fun portrait session.
The the rules of engagement are as follows:
1) Everyone takes part as a photographer, and also as a model.
2) It'll be a flexible outdoor based shoot - we'll use the great Wellington urban playground as our backdrop.
3) People can work as pairs, or in teams or any way you choose as long as you work both sides of the camera.
4) You can use any camera or equipment you like as long as you're prepared to carry it!
5) You must be prepared to have fun, laugh, play and share!
Also if people are keen I can get along a couple of models to help out - they can assist with posing tips etc and just generally be available as models as well during the shoot.
Right, if you're keen please reply and let me know and I'll be happy to organise!